We're looking for a Growth Marketer to join the Jet black team!
Jet black is a technology company focused on changing the way people shop. Jet black originated as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart's Store No8 ( https://www.storeno8.com/ ) , with the mission of giving time back to our members and making their lives more enjoyable. We seek to change consumer shopping behavior and e-commerce at a massive scale - we are looking for amazing talent to be a part of that journey.
We tripled in size in less than one year and we continue to bring flexibility, ownership, hard-work, and fun to work every day. At Jet black, we encourage our teammates to bring their best intentions and best selves to work every day. We're looking for more people with collaborative attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you!
About the Role:
As our Growth Marketer, you will spearhead Jet black's acquisition and growth strategy, and help lead Jet black to onboard a pipeline of high value new members into our service. You will be responsible for scaling our customer base efficiently, building our prospective pipeline, and managing ROI and customer value across acquisition channels. You will work cross-functionally across multiple teams including operations, product, engineering, customer experience, finance, and legal to develop the infrastructure required to drive successful growth for the company.
We're looking for someone who has that mix of analytical mindset, fast paced approach, and operational prowess to get great work done, the collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from cross-functional teams and partners, and the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside-the-box solutions. This is an ideal role for someone who can think strategically, is data-driven, and is also very good at rolling up their sleeves to get stuff done! The right candidate has experience using a test/measure/learn approach to acquisition marketing, and is quick to run when the right strategy is identified.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
https://www.businessinsider.com/jetblack-walmart-plan-expand-cities-wealthy-consumers-2019-6 ( https://www.businessinsider.com/jetblack-walmart-plan-expand-cities-wealthy-consumers-2019-6 )
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-builds-a-secret-weapon-to-battle-amazon-for-retails-future/ar-BBV3EL2?ocid=ientp ( https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-builds-a-secret-weapon-to-battle-amazon-for-retails-future/ar-BBV3EL2?ocid=ientp )
Who will love this job:
What you'll do:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too. You are persistent and take a clear and proactive approach to stakeholder management.
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way.
- Driven to achieve results - You believe in data-driven decision making, enjoy problem solving, and care about making a big impact. You're comfortable communicating insights to key stakeholders.
- A relationship builder - You have a strong network, develop meaningful connections, and drive change through all levels within an organization.
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving.
- A balanced thinker - You're obsessed with the details but can see the big picture and contribute to ideas on how to make us an even better company than we are today.
What you should have:
- Set the vision and execution plans for our growth marketing engine, encompassing all channels (online and offline) that drive net new customers and result in growth across the businesses.
- Set forecasts for customer acquisition, balance with churn, and set and manage budgets to yield the results we need.
- Build and execute on acquisition campaigns at the macro and micro levels, including broader-reaching paid channels as well as local efforts. Launch new channels for Jet black in the process.
- Play a key role in evolving, defining, and driving our acquisition KPIs, analytical systems, and business processes as we scale, creating an accountable team culture that balances risk. management and cost controls with speed to market and groundbreaking marketing innovation.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently and at scale through well-developed relationships with partners, digital marketing channels, and your existing network of contacts
- Provide analytical insight into customer acquisition, behavior, and characteristics to identify acquisition and upgrade prospects to ensure a steady increase in new customers and retention
- Work collaboratively across our business to further develop and scale the marketing function
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in high-growth consumer-facing environments; strong preference for startup ecommerce, retail and/or digital consumer
- Experience leading and executing a marketing strategy that is closely tied to a broader, ever-changing, business strategy
- A strong focus on growth and acquisition, ideally with an added focus on brand
- Successful track record of developing, iterating, and growing new business initiatives and leading teams to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrated experience using analytical tools to analyze business performance to inform future growth
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of initiatives and stakeholders
- Strong sense of urgency, a bias for action, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to build relationships and influence cross-functional partners
- BA/BS Degree
Pay, perks & such
Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer flexible paid time off and a great culture filled with events, celebrations, and clubs. We also offer every employee the opportunity to have a free Jet black membership. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.