Jet black is a technology company focused on changing the way people shop. Jet black originated as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart's Store No8 ( https://www.storeno8.com/ ) , with the mission of giving time back to our members and making their lives more enjoyable. We seek to change consumer shopping behavior and e-commerce at a massive scale - we are looking for amazing talent to be a part of that journey.
We tripled in size in less than one year and we continue to bring flexibility, ownership, hard-work, and fun to work every day. At Jet black, we encourage our teammates to bring their best intentions and best selves to work every day. We're looking for more people with collaborative attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you!
About the job:
Jet black is looking for an email marketing expert to join our team in New York, reporting to the CRM Marketing lead. The Email Marketing Specialist will work cross-functionally to craft & deploy relevant email campaigns. This role is split between 1) strategy (email strategy, email KPIs, and analytics) and 2) execution (building, coding & deploying emails). The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for all targeted, triggered, transactional, and lifecycle management emails; developing, executing, and analyzing strategic tests; and ensuring compliance with all regulations. This person will also own the email messaging tool suite and will have a role in helping define and test customer segments.
- Own all aspects of the email program, including email builds, all daily email sends, acquisition/list growth, and triggered, transactional and life-cycle programs
- Develop email strategy to continuously improve channel performance; test and optimize program elements to drive growth and improve KPIs
- Execute email campaigns, coding and setting up email creative, creating segments, and QA final test emails
- Manage and execute on email calendar to align with revenue goals, product availability, and marketing activities (working closely with Content marketing)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Content, Creative, IT) to improve performance of email programs
- Devise and launch new email programs to support new initiatives
- Lead email segmentation strategy, to identify segments and opportunities to tailor email communication for audience groups and touch points in the customer journey
- Develop strategies and implement plans for new email program initiatives with a focus on a personalized customer relationship; enhance customer resonance through segmentation, dynamic content and ongoing personalization innovation
- Deliver and develop analysis of weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and identify actionable next steps to improve performance
- Manage email marketing budget
- 3-5 years of relevant email marketing experience
- Familiarity with multiple email marketing platforms; experience with Braze a plus
- Understanding of email standards and regulations, tech stacks, file growth, deliverability
- Fluency in HTML
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills with a strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work quickly, efficiently and strategically with a wide range of internal departments.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint