Join our award winning Company!
JES Foundation Repair, a Groundworks Company, is the Leader in Foundation Repair, Concrete Lifting, Crawl Space Moisture Control, & Basement Waterproofing. We are locally and nationally recognized for our workmanship and ability to get the job done, and have been named:
Fortune 5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 fastest growing companies in Virginia, and
- Inside Business Roaring Twenty
- JES is looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Administrator to join our incredible team!
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for performing Accounts Payable functions to meet corporate and department needs. The Accounts Payable Administrator assists and supports the accounting team with financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate payment of accounts, goods and/or services purchased by the Company. S/he is responsible for ensuring that invoices are correct and following proper accounting procedures/principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process accounts payable for job cost, purchases, inventory and company expenses
- Review invoices for proper coding to general ledger and job cost accounts
- Review invoices for proper sales tax calculation
- Review invoices for approval and supporting documentation
- Process invoices for payment by matching receiving documents with the invoice
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Enter invoices into software system; review edits for any errors and make corrections
- Research payable issues, contact appropriate parties for resolution and correct any discrepancies
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly reports and assist in monthly closing
- Ensure all invoices, inventory, and company expenses are entered and approved for month-end close and year-end close
- Assist the auditors with the yearly company audit
- Prepare 1099's at year-end
- Continually thinks of ways to improve department efficiency and effectiveness
- Complies with internal controls and company policies
- Provides back up and cross-trains other department staff
- Performs additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Prefer an Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Four plus years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Construction or Home Improvement industry
- General knowledge and understanding of routine accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and strong attention to detail skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills
- Collaborative decision-making, relationship building and problem solving skills
- Builds the confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries effectively and independently
- Demonstrate organizational skills and time management abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and ability to learn and navigate in multiple software systems
Office environment with normal noise level but may be required to travel to construction and work locations.
Talking, hearing, walking, visual acuity to determine neatness and preparing and analyzing data, extensive reading. Continual daily use of computers in performing tasks.
No direct reports for this position