Jerry Ford Sales has an opportunity for a Journeyman or 3rd/4th year Apprentice to join our team of high performers. Remuneration includes competitive solid hourly wage for apprentices and flat rate for licensed technicians, paid training, benefits and pension. Enjoy the support and financial reward of a work environment with a strong management and service advisor/warranty admin support team that recognizes quality work with respect and acknowledgment.
Where is Edson? Edson is strategically located two hours east of Jasper in Canadian Rockies and two hours west of Edmonton. Take advantage of affordable housing and outdoor living at its fullest. Enjoy the benefits of rural living while remaining conveniently close to a major center to meet all your city needs.
Looking for a mature and experienced technicians with solid knowledge of a computerized R.O. system, be current on their training, and willing to work in a team environment. Hours of work varies - Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) with Saturday rotation as required with the regular business hours.
If you are dedicated and reliable and want to advance your career, and you want to be respected for a job well done, forward you resume with RELEVANT cover letter, verification of certification and references today.
- Test that all systems and components are secure and are working properly
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing & repairing vehicles
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle's breakdown or damage
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined
- Watch or inspect closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items
- Use power tools, machine tools & common hand tools
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicle, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment
- Journeyman qualifications or Enrolled in 3rd/4th term apprenticeship
- Extensive knowledge of Ford automobiles, their service needs, parts and functions an asset
- Out of province licensed considered an asset
- Professional demeanor efficient problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- This is a full-time position that may require some overtime
Job Type : Full-time
Required education :
- Minimum 2nd year Technical school training
Preferred experience :
- Ford training
- Automotive: 1-4 years
Required license or certification :
- Red Seal
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean Driver's Abstract
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Technician: 1 year (Required)