The Staff Accountant records all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. The Staff Accountant will also post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct company, ledger and account
- Respond to Vendor notices and contact vendors if issues arise
- Print System Generated Checks and post to the appropriate accounts
- Maintain System Reports by Month
- Special Projects
- Ability to be proficient and accurate in all work assignments
- Growth Potential/long Term Opportunities: Will learn basic accounting skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field plus 1-2 years' experience
- SFAS Rules
- Reporting Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- PC Proficiency
- General Math Skills
- Confidentiality/Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- This job operates in a professional office environment during core business hours. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 2 years (Preferred)