The Associate Marketing Manager, Direct Mail Operations will manage the daily operational activities for the Ace Rewards direct mail channel. This position will be expected to proactively work with IT, Finance, Consumer Marketing, Ecommerce, outside vendors and retailers to streamline processes and operations, while also bringing new strategic ideas to the team. This position will also manage and execute Ace Rewards direct mail campaigns.
What you’ll do
- Provide day-to day management of the direct mail creative and print process for Ace Rewards mailers. This will include, but is not limited to, contributing to the planning campaign strategy, writing creative briefs, refining creative, obtaining final approval, proofing to ensure final piece is error-free and billing. Responsible for approximately 117 million consumer touchpoints annually via direct mail.
- Responsible for campaign execution support of direct mailings including creative development, review and proofing, segmentation and file and /or list management, print production and postage management, results and analysis.
- Work cross functionally with Promosystems to assure promotional barcodes are requested well in advance and set up as requested. Work with various cross functional groups to ensure continuous improvement and sharing of information across all direct mail efforts.
- Collaborate with Analytics, Promosystems and Creative teams to guarantee that item and storewide offers being promoted in direct mail are 100% accurate.
- Work with Direct Mail Strategy Manager to plan and execute direct mail test for program refinement as well as other complex projects.
- Review and investigate all Ace Rewards execution questions and issues via phone and email from Ace Care Center, retailers, consumers, field and corporate.
- Participate in the yearly development of the Consumer Marketing Plan. Write content for the retailer calendar and facilitate the process for the 1:1 team.
- Manage Ace Rewards new member applications and key fob cards. Understand the cost, budget line item, ordering timelines and process all invoices.
- Manage Ace Rewards signage inventory, and work with RRD to update creative as necessary throughout the year. Proactively manage creative shell quantities to ensure sufficient inventory for mailing.
- Monitor campaign performance through reporting and analysis ensuring positive campaign ROI and effective use of direct mail as a communication channel.
- Write Acenet articles as needed to communicate new initiatives, changes, and announcements about the Ace Rewards program.
- Responsible for the content of the monthly Win the Month Planner as well as the Execution Guide.
- Process monthly billing/invoices for the Ace Rewards team, and seek cost savings opportunities.
- Keep a pulse on the market place and other best in class retailers. Have a comprehensive understanding of our competition and other loyalty programs, as well as new ideas that can be tested.
- Effectively execute quality deliverables on time, on scope and on budget.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
What you need to succeed
- 3-5 years of progressive Marketing / Advertising Experience - creative/design/branding experience a plus
- 3-5 years previous customer service/client relations experience a plus
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective partner relationships
- Demonstrated track record in managing program promotions
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Previous loyalty program experience a plus
- Proven ability to multi-task projects, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other team members and retailers
- Ability to problem solve with IT related problems/concerns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Advertising or related discipline
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.