Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Reference number: 857
Location: Barrie, ON
We are Prodomax Automation Ltd., a member of Jenoptik Group, located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Controls Specialist to join our team. The purpose of the Controls Specialist is to program, develop and troubleshoot PLC controlled automation systems designed for the manufacturing environment with an emphasis on the automotive industry. The Controls Specialist will report directly to the Controls/Electrical Design/Robotics Manager.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Program PLC’s and HMI’s in an automotive automation environment utilizing:
Allen Bradley Logix based programming software
Allen Bradley HMI development software
Siemens Step 7 based PLC programming software
Siemens Win CC Flexible based HMI development software
- Troubleshoot complex automation
- Coordinate with other disciplines to streamline delivery
- Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met; and
- Validate system safeties function as designed.
Qualified candidates will possess:
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Minimum 6 years direct working experience
- Working knowledge of Safety PLC Systems and Safety Standards
- Working knowledge of communication networks (Devicenet, Ethernet IP, I/O Link, Profibus)
- Direct experience with robot integration and understanding of robot programming
- Direct experience with multiple process types (Assembly, MIG Welding, Spot Welding); and safety circuit design.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- Ability to motivate fellow team members in a positive manner
- Ability to work overtime and travel to Mexico and the United States
- Effective working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolutions skills
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to understand the financial impact of relevant options
- High energy and the flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and works well as a member of a team; and
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, disciplined approach to work.
Our employees are mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, world travelers, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome. www.prodomax.com
We are minutes away from the GO Station connected to Toronto and close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. Barrie has something for everyone. www.tourismbarrie.com
Prodomax, a member of the JENOPTIK group, is a specialized industrial engineering firm focused on designing complex manufacturing production systems for the automotive sector with a blue-chip customer base. Since it was founded in 1971, over a billion dollars of automation equipment has been delivered to Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe. Prodomax consistently delivers automation of any size and complexity by a team professionals.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel.: +1 705 7265841-380