Intermediate Interior Designer and AutoCAD Technician
We are looking for an Intermediate Interior Designer and Technician with experience in residential interior design and design technology, and are offering a 6 month contract or 6 month casual position. If the candidate is a good fit for us (and we are for them!) there is a possibility of an offer of full time employment at the end of this agreement.
Jennifer Worts Design is a full service, high end interior design firm located in midtown Toronto. Our projects include custom residential interiors both locally and internationally. We are also really nice people to work with! Check out our work at www.jenniferworts.com
Applicants should be highly organized, detail oriented, self-starters who are comfortable working on a variety of projects.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop high quality drawings from concept to final design in AutoCAD. *These would include drafting furniture plans, interior elevations, millwork drawings, millwork sections, details, reflected ceiling plans, tender packages etc.
- Preparing client presentations, drawings and renderings
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or an interior design diploma from a recognized Interior Design school
- A minimum of 3 years working in a similar role
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of SketchUp, Mac, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Photoshop is an asset
- Ability to produce 3D renderings is an asset
- Knowledge of The Ontario Building Code
- Demonstrated ability to multi task several ongoing urgent items at the same time, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team both locally and remotely
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Interior Design: Minimum of 3 years preferred
We will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Contract, Casual