Innovative, Ontario-based legal tech company is looking for a highly motivated lawyer to head up their expansion into Alberta. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience practicing at a reputable firm in Alberta and entrepreneurial spirit as this is a hybrid sales and legal role. This is a great opportunity to be part of the growing trend of legal tech and be part of a fast-moving, forward thinking start-up.
- Provide strategic legal advice and support to the company on information technology law, privacy law, data protection and ownership, anti-spam laws, etc., as well as any provincial laws that may affect how the software is used in Alberta;
- Answer general questions regarding various legal matters as they come up from users of the software;
- Ensure legal technology software meets Alberta Law Society requirements and standards for providing services to clients;
- Create business relationships with other service providers to encourage adoption of the technology by the end user; and
- Other matters as required to lead the company's expansion into Alberta.
- Law degree from an accredited institution and active member of Law Society of Alberta;
- At least 2 years of post-call experience at a reputable firm in Alberta;
- Sales experience or experience in entrepreneurship/small business is a strong asset; and
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please apply to this posting directly or contact Jennifer Paul to discuss. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those qualified for the position may be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- post-call: 2 years (Preferred)