Qualified applicants should click the link above to apply.
We respectfully request that all search firms refrain from contacting us with unsolicited resumes or requests to discuss additional service offerings.
ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. In 2016, The American Lawyer named Jenner & Block to the A-List, which recognizes the top 20 US law firms. The American Lawyer also recognized the firm as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States six of the past nine years; the firm has been ranked among the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
The Executive & Marketing Assistant works directly for the firm’s Chairman and Chief of Staff handling administrative and marketing focused activity for the Partner and their practice, providing excellent customer service to both internal stakeholders and external clients. This position focuses on assisting with marketing, business development and civic involvement for Partner, while also managing some monthly client billing, expense reimbursements and quarterly reports. This is a non-exempt role with hours scheduled 8:45am-5:15pm Monday-Friday.
- Maintain and update extensive contact database and lists of personal and professional networks; track attendees to important business development, civic, and political functions; generate appropriate lists of invitees to same functions.
- Event-planning coordination including mailing list generation, invitation creation and distribution, RSVP lists, name tags, table tents, meeting set-up, coordination and follow-up.
- Maintain Partner’s biography and extensive database of trials, court cases and decisions; maintain and update Partner’s shorter bios for specialized audiences.
- Assist in maintaining Partner’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, including catering and audio/visual arrangements.
- Assist with travel arrangement and expense reimbursement activity.
- Organize and maintain files and records; keep all related file lists and client matter lists current, including all attorneys working on matters.
- Conduct client research as directed.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Handle phone inquiries.
- Correspond regularly with internal departments, including Financial Services and Marketing to keep projects and billing on task.
- Develop and maintain relationship with high-profile executives and their assistants
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel.
- Extensive research experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills. Ability to deal with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to take direction as appropriate, work independently when needed and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Possesses a positive work attitude, demonstrates strong initiative and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field preferred or equivalent job experience required.
- Five+ years experience coordinating business and client meetings, planning business development events and conducting client related research (Westlaw) preferred.