Full Time Position 40hrs/week. Pay range $70,000-$80,000/year depending on experience.
Jenderuss Forensic Accounting Services LLC is looking for a strong leader for our accounting department. This is a new position for our growing company, so if you have a passion for accounting in multiple types on industries, creating and improving processes/systems, and leading a small team of employees then this is the job for you! This position is located in Lynnwood, Washington, and reports to the Owner and Director of Operations.
About our company:
Jenderuss Forensic Accounting Services LLC is a unique business; we fulfill a need for the small to medium size business that doesn't need a full time CPA accounting firm but is beyond doing their own accounting. We provide services to over 400 clients that include: monthly accounting, payroll, entity formations, and both business and individual tax preparations.
Manage the Accounting department (currently two full time members but could grow)
- Assign work to staff (currently 68 clients)
- Review accounting work and provide feedback/coaching to staff
- Ensure all B&O tax return filings are completed on time
- Ensure payroll client P&L's are released to the payroll team by the 5th of each month (1st for any Semi-Weekly clients).
- Ensure all accounting work is completed prior to the reports being released to the clients on either the 10th or 25th of the month.
- Answer accounting questions from staff
- Must be proficient in all aspects of accounting within the following industries: Real Estate Agent, Construction, Insurance, Mental Health Professional, Attorney, Landscape, and Retail.
- Communicate with clients about issues and problem solve solutions
- Set up new accounting clients using the JDR systems:
- Maintain Accounting Status checklist spreadsheet
- Use our standard Chart of Accounts
- Continue to build processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of this department.
- Provide weekly updates and apprise of any current or foreseen issues to management
- Evaluate and communicate the profitability of the accounting department
- Daily accounting duties for clients you are assigned:
- Accepting and classifying transaction from the bank or credit card feeds
- Posting journal entries as required to record payroll events, interest on loans, activities paid for by the client personally, etc
- Create invoices/match deposits
- Creating bills and bill payments
- File required tax returns to include Department of Revenue B&O, City B&O, and potentially others if business not in the state of Washington
- Monthly reconciliations
- Communicate with clients, tax agencies, Intuit, IT, etc. to trouble shoot any issues that may arise.
- MUST have QuickBooks Online experience
- MUST have experience working with multiple industries
- MUST have/willing to get PTIN
- MUST have previous staff management experience
- Knowledge of both cash and accrual based accounting
- Conceptual and practical understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 6 years applicable work experience, public accounting background preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes, and willingness to update/change processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop, Word, and MS Outlook.
We offer great benefits, including:
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid time off the entire week of Christmas
- Competitive pay, based on experience
Our standard work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00.
Jenderuss Forensic Accounting Services LLC is a non-smoking company.
To apply: please reply to this posting, emailing your resume and cover letter to Maggie Jones.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks Pro: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks Online: 2 years (Preferred)