The Membership Growth Consultant (MGC) is an outside healthcare sales representative who's responsible for generating sales leads and memberships by nurturing productive relationships with senior citizens, key local community partners and senior-focused businesses to enroll new patients to ChenMed. The incumbent in this role arranges, designs and orchestrates sales events and develops fun and cost-effective techniques to keep senior participation and satisfaction high, in part to drive referral sales from satisfied patients to help fuel membership growth. He/She effectively communicates the ChenMed/JenCare value proposition at all community events.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurtures, builds and cultivates direct-to-seniors and business-to-business partnerships to generate new patient opportunities year-round.
- Meets with individual seniors and groups in their homes, workplaces, houses of worship, senior centers or living communities to share the ChenMed value proposition.
- Plans, coordinates and executes local events within the community (e.g., information tables, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help reach our ideal patients (i.e., medically underserved, Medicare-eligible seniors, age 55 and older).
- Cultivates strong relationships with health plan agents, individual insurance agents, social workers, case workers, senior housing managers, senior centers and related community providers to keep ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers as their top provider choice for senior healthcare when referring patients to a primary care physician.
- Partners with community officials, businesses and senior outreach programs to develop initiatives that will appropriately drive new patient growth.
- Schedules one-on-one sales meetings, referral relationships with Plan agents, independent brokers and the senior community to delivers solutions on immediate customer requests. Manages vendors as related to event planning and negotiating contracts with venues where events are taking place.
- Ensures insurance agents and/or brokers are invited to community events to ensure timely patient assignment to ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers.
- Leverages marketing and sales tools to identify solutions and sell to new customers. Maintains up-to-date client information in designated customer relationship management (CRM) tool (i.e., Sales Force). Utilizes CRM tool to document interactions with clients and ensures effective management of leads.
- Provides monthly activity calendar reflecting community access points and new tabletop venues. Creates penetration plans and initiatives in key target markets and channels.
- Recovers dormant customers via sales tools and marketing campaigns.
- Drives new member growth by appropriately educating potential patients on our value proposition and healthcare model. Delivers prescribed presentation in front of large audiences.
- Develops all distribution channels to support new patient enrollment growth. Uses all sales tools provided to ensure efficiency and collection of pertinent data.
- Partners with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of engagements with distributors, vendors and community partners.
- Builds trusting relationships with brokers/insurance agents/case workers/third party vendors associated with seniors. Develops and executes specific broker and partner strategies and plans.
- Engages with new patients through and beyond their first appointment. Maintains relationships with enrolled patients to positively impact retention. Helps address and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field OR additional combination of formal education, training and experienceabove the minimum will be considered in lieu of the education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum of 4 years of successful sales experience required. Working with seniors a plus, as is a general understanding of Medicare Advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of business-to-business experience or equivalent management experience preferred.
- Relevant sales experience with establishing and maintaining relationship with business/vendor partners.
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment required.
Job Type: Full-time