Jellyvision is hiring a Software Engineering Manager
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX(r) ( https://www.jellyvision.com/solutions/ ), an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions--like choosing and using employee benefits--easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Software Engineering Manager to help us.
Jellyvision has gone through some tremendous change recently, growing from 200 to 400 people, while evolving from a services company to a product focused company in the span of just a couple of years. We have an exciting road map including new products and believe the best is yet to come. Our product engineering team is composed of a talented group of frontend, backend, and full-stack engineers. We're looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team of these talented engineers in designing, building, and delivering our suite of products.
Our engineering managers have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members.
- Perform regular one-on-ones and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Clear the road for the team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Ensure Jellyvision's engineering standards and best practices are followed.
- Collaborate with folks in our product and creative teams, as well as other engineering managers.
- Deliver products.
- Hire new engineering talent.
Jellyvision is a wonderful place for developers to learn and grow, and we're looking for an engineering manager who will help them navigate beyond the day-to-day challenges and look towards the future of the product. A good technical manager is both an advocate for the developers and a strong leader who helps us translate business requirements into well-designed, stable, and performant software products.
Experience & Skills
- A great communicator - As the main point of contact for your team, you'll interact regularly with members of teams outside of the engineering organization. You're a fluent translator between tech and non-tech. Within the engineering organization, you'll work to keep lines of communication open to break down and prevent the reformation of information silos.
- A technical leader - You've got a strong background in software development and web technologies. Although you will not be expected to write code, you will be actively involved in the engineering process. You can effectively lead technical discussions, help resolve technical disagreements, and can effectively present and evaluate engineering trade-offs.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Our teams use Agile methodologies (both Scrum and Kanban) to iteratively deliver results. You understand that Agile is a set of principles, not a fixed process, and can adapt standard methodologies to best fit the needs of your team.
- As successful history of leading a development team - This isn't your first rodeo. You've established a strong track record of leading a productive development team and creating an environment where people love to do their best work, while having fun doing it. You understand how to motivate, develop, and promote technical experts and future leaders.
You will be managing a team of approximately 6-8 direct reports and will report to the Director of Product Engineering
Our credo is a simple one:
be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!