Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Test
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX(r) ( https://www.jellyvision.com/solutions/ ), an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions--like choosing and using employee benefits--easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior Software Engineer in Test to help us.
This role involves writing code to drive efficiencies and automate manual tests and processes. You will be creating complex, end-to-end and integrated test suites. You will gather requirements, write tests, and integrate those tests into our deploy workflow. You will work with QA, Operations, and different engineering teams to make this happen.
Much of your work will revolve around the ALEX Benefits Counselor. ALEX is a multi-media experience that is customized for each of our hundreds of clients. We need a candidate eager to tackle the complex challenges that come with this unique product. Your work will also include adding automation coverage to our ever-expanding ecosystem of internal tools and new products.
Experience & Skills
- Analytical: You are genuinely curious. You don't just test what someone codes. You dig into the details, understand the requirements and foundation for which they are built upon. You are great at creating tests for criteria coverage, but also have a keen eye for edge cases and negative tests. You can also determine what tests will provide the most value and focus efforts accordingly.
- RESTful APIs: You can call endpoints in code and parse the response. You know the difference between a GET and a POST, between a query and a payload.
- Terminal, Bash, Git: You know how to handle yourself in the terminal. You can change directories, edit files, and check in code from the command line.
- Unit Testing: You have written tests in code, and you can articulate knowledge of key concepts such as: assertions, hooks, and test data.
- Object-Oriented design: We are building an automated test framework, not a collection of one-off scripts. You have experience writing classes, modules, and methods that encapsulate the complexity of your code. Maybe you have created a class diagram or two.
- Source Control: Working without Source Control should be blasphemy to you. Experience developing software with Git, especially familiarity with git-flow, is helpful.
- Bonus: A strong candidate would have knowledge and experience with some of the following: Agile methodology, Docker, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Web development, Page Object Model, Databases, AWS.
Our credo is a simple one:
be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!