Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Account Manager
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX(r) ( https://www.jellyvision.com/solutions/ ), an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions--like choosing and using employee benefits--easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior Account Manager to help us.
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers, who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX(r) accounts. In particular, we're looking to expand our cohort of Senior Account Managers, who work with our upper echelon of Fortune 500 customers. (It's a pretty amazing roster!)
The team's goal is to:
- Help clients be successful in their use of ALEX(r)
- Sell clients other ALEX(r) products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong client relationships for marketing
- Uncover deep client insights and communicate them to the broader Jellyvision team (these are often the genesis of the next Jellyvision product)
- Oh...and be super fun and charming along the way
The role involves a lot of client interaction (duh), a key focus on account growth and sales, and the ability to develop and maximize a close working relationship with the Insights analyst team (which is managed under the same VP). We're a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
A successful Senior Account Manager will:
- Create strategic relationships with complex, high-value clients (often with other partners and vendors at play) in a way that challenges the status-quo and pushes the boundaries of their current communication efforts
- Actively sell the client on Jellyvision's new technologies and products - executing an experienced sales process complete with pre-research, consultative question asking, pitches, and follow-ups
- Support Fortune 500 client accounts through the sale of custom services, working with our project management and services team to appropriately scope and execute the project
- Answer client questions (via phone and email) with a deft mix of charm and hard-core competence
- Travel occasionally to visit clients onsite
Experience & Skills
We're looking for awesome, highly experienced account managers, super comfortable with selling large corporate accounts and working with sales quotas. You should be well-versed in talking to clients at all levels of the organization, speaking as an expert in your field, and creatively coming up with strategies to drive their business.
Bonus points if you've worked specifically with HR/Corporate Communications accounts or in the SAAS industry.
In a nutshell, we're looking for people who are:
- Strategic. Dot-connection is just the beginning. Our top-tier of customers expect their account manager to navigate the trickiness of their needs, the various partners at play, and the nuance of their business. You're not going to be given the answers - you've got to develop them.
- Excitable. This role is about championing the client and chasing the win. You should be a person who gets excited with the "a-ha" moment, excited by the sale, and excited by Jellyvision's product and place in the market.
- Exceptionally bright. You'll have to do great research to be the expert on your client accounts and the issues in the industry - a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication.
- Curious. In this role, you have to be inquisitive and energetic. You're going to have to take a consultative approach to sales, being insightful and endlessly seeking out the real problems your clients are facing. Know-it alls need not apply.
- Insightful. All that great client knowledge and question asking? You're going to have to use it wisely to make the right connections between your clients' needs, Jellyvision's products, and their overall Jellyvision experience.
- Discerning. This role walks the fuzzy line connecting customer relationship management and sales. You're going to have to know when to try to make the sale, and when to hold off because it's not the right solution for your client.
- Genuine. No one likes a phony. Jellyvision people really care, are really interested, and really want to help people. Don't be afraid to be you.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you'll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we're a humble crew. You've got to have personality (wit and Jellyvision charm) inserted into all of your client communications, but still have the gravitas to close a sale with the big-wigs.
Our credo is a simple one:
be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!