JDS Energy & Mining Inc. is an EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management) company providing services to the mining industry worldwide. The JDS Vancouver Office is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer for a Vancouver based position who will be part of a dynamic team of professionals.
This is an excellent opportunity to enter into an international and entrepreneurial company with potential for long-term growth.
- Evaluates mechanical and process systems, confirms system and product capabilities
- Provides technical knowledge - monitor engineering progress and handle any issues that arise
- Perform reviews of designs, drawings, specifications, calculations and tender documents as required.
- Prepare technical letters and reviews, reports, quality control documents and other documentation as required.
- Directs engineering consultants in carrying out approved designs, reviewed and responded to Requests for Information (RFI's)
- Uses engineering best practices to create innovative engineering solutions
- Completes field designs and assists the construction group in the completion of client-requested work
- Capable of critical thinking, long term system planning, design and analysis to ensure success of projects
- Complete project management duties - inspection and progress reporting, coordinating project schedules, and information
- Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget
- Has knowledge of mineral processing circuits comprised of crushers and conveyors
- Can complete equipment expenditure estimates and related engineering manhour estimates for capex project involving crushers, process plants and related infrastructure
- Has performed flow calculations, pump and pipe specifications and sizing
- Proven experience with control methodology, isometric design, and development of detailed scope of construction
- Has conducted constructability and hazop reviews
- Experience performed technical tradeoff studies for various mining and processing technologies, and equipment
- Detailed capital cost estimation, detailed design engineering, and design and procurement specification writing for large capital projects
- Produced designs, specification, and construction of numerous piping/pump systems, pressure vessels, waste treatment systems.
We are looking for someone who has outstanding work ethic and possesses the following skill set:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- 3-D CAD abilities will be considered an asset
- Superior MS Excel skills
- Proven written skills demonstrated through reports, letters and proposals
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- +5 years industry experience in mine design and layout
- Proven work experience as an Engineer
- Experience in mechanical/process design, from conception to delivery
For more information on our company, please visit our website: www.jdsmining.ca
Thank you to all applicants. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Pay Range: [NTD - $TBD]
Job Type: Full-time