Canada Summer Jobs Program – Marketing Communications Assistant
Want to be a part of an amazing organization dedicated to improving the lives of over 300,000 Canadians? Choose the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) for your summer job! We’re currently seeking an enthusiastic student to support JDRF’s Marketing and Communications team.
We’re currently seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Communications Assistant to support the Marketing and Communications department with their fundraising events.
As the Marketing Communications Assistant, you would be responsible for:
- Creating and developing new social media approach to engage type 1 diabetes community
- Assisting our graphic designer with assets for social media and other event materials
- Assisting with coordination of event materials as needed
- Assisting with posting web pages and website updates
- Assisting with social media campaigns and work with social media ambassadors.
- Minute taking during weekly Marketing and Communications meetings
- Collaborating with team to generate new ideas for campaigns and programs
- Other administrative duties as assigned
This position is a part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program with funding provided by Service Canada. Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protections has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- And legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations (international students on a work/study permit are not eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Program)
Our ideal candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- Education or experience in Digital Design, Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Public Relations or related program preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to successfully interact with external vendors, stakeholders and staff within JDRF
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading communications materials is an asset
- Understanding of social media
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Team-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is required
- Bilingualism in French/English is an asset
Availability Requirements: This position is 37.5 hours per week (schedule TBD but the hours will generally be worked daytime, Monday-Friday). Additional flexibility to attend weekend and/or evening events as required is needed. The position will start in June 2019 for 8 weeks.
Location: 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto ON, M2J 4Y8
Compensation: $14.00 per hour
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities to apply. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.