National Marketing and Communications Specialist
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), now is the time to join our team at JDRF. We are the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and curing T1D.
Are you a collaborative team player who loves to lead a variety of marketing communications projects? We’re searching for a National Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. In this role you would drive the content strategy, write/edit and project manage email, digital and social content development.
Does the above resonate with you? As the National Marketing and Communications Specialist, you would have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Developing, tracking and implementing compelling, targeted and effective marketing content to engage key target audiences, boost event participation, solicit online donations, drive traffic to website, promote community engagement initiatives and grow advocacy base
- Implementing tactics to increase subscribers list and engagement by identifying targets, segment audiences, managing lists, collaborating with designers, fundraising field staff and other internal stakeholders
- Driving innovation in the area of email marketing through monitoring online tools, groups, trends, and strategies to optimize engagement, revenue and other measures of conversion.
- Writing marketing content in plain language, including web/digital, video scripts, newsletters, annual reports, information sheets, print and digital ads, press releases, media briefings, and speaking notes
- Developing editorial calendars and news articles to populate bimonthly newsletter and corresponding web pages
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, determining priorities, managing workflows and delivering quality products on time and on budget
- Tracking, reporting and analyzing all digital campaign/program performance across the organization, recommending adjustments or changes as needed to achieve campaign goals and maximize ROI
- Regularly monitoring, measuring the success of and developing metrics and campaign/program/promotion performance reports on specific marketing campaigns using Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Twitter and Facebook analytics
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you bring the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 4 years of Marketing/Communications experience in a digitally focused role, preferably at a not-for-profit
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- French communication skills are an asset
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and email marketing tools such as Mura and Constant Contact
- Familiarity with email marketing, search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) is an asset
- Adaptable, with the ability to shift perceptions quickly based on ongoing analytics monitoring and to make recommendations to ensure campaign success
- Strong project-management, time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Superior marketing writing and editing skills essential
Why choose JDRF?
We offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development, and flexible working arrangements. We also offer a dynamic and positive working environment built on the core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
Interested? Please submit your application for consideration today!
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020