National Marketing and Communications Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a self-motivated National Marketing and Communications Coordinator. In this role, you will assist in the management, development, production and review of all marketing projects and campaigns with a specific focus on email marketing content. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will drive the e-marketing strategy, and edit, write and project manage all email content development.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing, tracking and implementing email marketing content to engage key target audiences, boost event participation, solicit online donations, drive traffic to website, promote community engagement initiatives and grow advocacy base
- Implementing tactics to increase subscribers list and engagement by identifying targets, segmenting audiences, managing lists, collaborating with designers, fundraising field staff and other stakeholders
- Driving innovation in the area of email marketing by conducting A/B testing, running email marketing experiments and monitoring online tools to optimize engagement and revenue
- Writing marketing content for all channels as required
- Developing editorial calendars and news articles to populate bimonthly newsletter and corresponding web pages
- Incorporating research, CRM data and online trends to develop targeted content for key market segments
- Overseeing production, distribution and reporting of assigned projects
- Regularly monitoring, measuring the success and developing reports on specific marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist to coordinate efforts for both social media and email marketing campaigns; working with external designers or vendors to determine the conceptual and content direction of online initiatives
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum of 3 years of Marketing/Communications experience in a digitally focused role, preferably at a not-for-profit
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Familiarity with email marketing, search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) an asset
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and email marketing tools such as Mura and Constant Contact
- Strong project management, time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated progressive experience in content development
- Ability to manage competing priorities for multiple internal/external clients
- Experience working with vendors, outside agencies and creative consulting firms
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated, personable and service-oriented; must be able to persuasively sell creative concepts to internal clients
Submit your application for consideration today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.