Fundraising and Community Engagement Manager
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate and experienced Fundraising and Community Engagement Manager to drive fundraising revenue and engagement for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes. In this role, you would lead and inspire a team of fundraising professionals, focused on driving participation and peer-to-peer fundraising results. You would also oversee all community engagement activity for the region and lead efforts to recruit new supporters and build stronger relationships.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing support and strategic direction to a fundraising team, across multiple markets (Toronto/GTA, Peel/Halton, Barrie and surrounding areas) to deliver fundraising results. This includes creating and implementing fundraising strategies, providing training, and inspiring, motivating and monitoring the team to achieve KPIs
- In collaboration with the Regional Director, developing and executing a development strategy to reach and exceed fundraising targets (increasing revenue and retention) for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes in support of the overall Central Canada revenue goals
- Maintaining a portfolio of key accounts (participants and team captains) with established retention goals; and ensuring maximization of networking, cultivation and stewardship opportunities, and that all accounts receive required support
- Seeking opportunities to customize and enhance fundraising initiatives; assessing local needs, conditions and historical results and recommending modifications to increase revenue
- Utilizing CRM database and systems to manage relationships, accurately recording interactions, and running reports for planning and executional purposes and to ensure teams’ actions are in line with overall best practices for peer-to-peer fundraising
- Ensuring community engagement staff are moving constituents through the pipeline, deepening the level of engagement over time
- Working in partnership and collaborating with the National Peer-to-Peer Fundraising team and regional corporate engagement and event experience teams to achieve overall fundraising and event objectives
- Overseeing stewardship and recognition events for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes participants
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- 5-6 years of progressive fundraising experience, including experience in managing a team
- Experience working on peer-to-peer fundraising events, managing volunteer activities and managing budgets
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to act, implement and make sound decisions
- Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership volunteers
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external customers and staff within the organization
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office; Experience with a CRM database and peer-to-peer fundraising software
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region (15%) and to attend evening and weekend events
Sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Submit your application today!
Application Deadline: April 7, 2019
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.