Are you looking for a terrific opportunity in the accounting field? Have you performed in an entry-level role and you're ready to take the next step? Maybe you've had a solid internship, co-op semester or summer position in a supporting accounting role where you worked with QuickBooks and Excel?
Ready for something new...different and challenging? We've got an exciting opportunity for a strong accounting professional with great skills, excellent attention to detail, who would like to facilitate getting things done in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
We are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; only those candidates of interest will be contacted. *No Relocation or VISA sponsorship offered; local candidates will be our priority.
Our client, JDJ Family Office Services is a leading administrative multi-family office servicing affluent individuals and families. The company was founded on the premise that as wealth increases, so does the volume of day-to-day financial and administrative responsibilities. They simplify the lives of their clients, offering a variety of customized, focused services performed by professionals who have expertise in both financial accounting and administration.
Services include personal accounting and net worth reporting; budgeting and cash flow planning; bill paying and expense reporting; tax planning coordination; investment and balance sheet administration; trust and estate administration; and lifestyle management.
They are located in Boston's financial district. The firm is growing and currently has thirty-eight employees serving approximately fifty families.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Staff Accountants are integral members of the client service team and are responsible for the day-to-day accounting and operations for a portfolio of assigned clients. Associates work closely with other members of the firm to ensure accurate client-specific accounting and financial administration.
You will maintain the books and records of clients, which will include general accounting responsibilities such as: Manage the full cycle of books and records for assigned clients; making journal entries; and prepare standard client reports, processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Manage the full cycle of books and records for assigned clients.
- Manage the bill pay process for assigned clients to ensure accuracy and completeness. These responsibilities include following up on missing invoices and identifying when accounts require funding.
- Communicate with clients, advisors, vendors and team members to deliver exceptional service.
- Properly record journal entries for detailed P&L, accurately capture balance sheet items and identify tax-deductible expenses.
- Download, record, and reconcile credit card, bank account and investment activity.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports.
- Coordinate with payroll services and employee benefits providers.
- Assist with the coordination and organization of tax information; process tax payments.
- Maintain supporting schedules, work papers, and electronic and/or paper files.
- Assist with tasks and projects related to the client's estate planning needs.
- Understand the client's property insurance program and begin to identify instances that will trigger coverage adjustments.
- Assist with client billing, accounts receivable, and realization analysis.
- Maintain paper and electronic client files.
- Assist with or perform client research and analysis.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of one (1+) year of experience; or an academic internship and/or accounting co-op; 1+ years prior accounting or related experience highly preferred.
- Strong QuickBooks skills required, or extensive experience with a comparable bookkeeping program.
- Computer literacy is required, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Basic accounting, reconciliation and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with clients, advisors and vendors in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative to learn new skills and services.
- Adhere to high confidentiality and fiduciary standards.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to organize, prioritize, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Adhere to deadlines and commitments, follow up as needed.
- Operate with integrity; maintain strict ethical standards; and adhere to strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Desire to participate in and contribute to the growth of a small company.
- Family office experience a plus.
The company provides outstanding industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefits; a professional and welcoming office environment; and the ability to learn and grow.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations in strict confidence.
We are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; only those candidates of interest will be contacted. *No Relocation or visa sponsorship offered; local candidates will be our priority.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Accounts payable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Tax preparation
- Expense reports
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Data entry