The Sales Engineer is responsible for the sales of the company's products and services. This technical sales professional will consistently demonstrate his/her ability to recognize targeted business opportunities and leverage existing partnerships. This individual will lead the Company's bid team in responding to tenders.
- Attend trade shows, conduct sales presentations, and perform related follow-up tasks.
- Keep abreast of available bid opportunities within the target market.
- Maintain a close relationship with existing customers in order to identify add-on sales opportunities.
- As a Marketing team player, add technical value and customer view point to marketing collateral.
- Provide product feedback to the Research and Development team.
Skill and knowledge:
- Effectively generate and follow up on leads and new prospects.
- Excellent customer management skills and presence.
- Be comfortable selling at both the executive and engineering management levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practice a solution-based approach to solving customer requirements.
- Previous experience within the utility industry is preferred.
- Proficient with PowerPoint Project, Visio
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated proposal writing and solution-based sales of software products and data services.
- Team Player.
- Customer focused.
- Willingness to travel.
University degree in Technology, Business Administration or Engineering.
We thank all applicants, but regret that we can only acknowledge those applicants selected for an interview.