The Email + Digital Marketing Manager will lead the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco’s (JCCSF) email marketing program and digital media strategies on behalf of all the programs and services, with a focus on Fitness, Family Life and Arts & Culture. This position requires hands-on experience building and optimizing customer-centric email marketing programs from conception to execution. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who is data-driven, enjoys problem solving and thrives on owning the process and strategies. This position will also support all programs with a media strategy to drive the needs of the respective businesses.
- Oversee a customer-focused, email program with an emphasis on delivering relevant, communications optimized for engagement and conversion.
- Lead the strategy, execution, optimization and measurement of all JCCSF emails from start to finish
- Define goals of all email communication working with the Account Team and design teams to translate those into a high-quality, on brand finished product.
- Leverage data to identify core customer segments and develop tailored marketing & email communication strategies
- Develop a Customer Lifecycle Message program for key programs and segments
- Partner with Account Team to develop the email calendar, programming, strategy, and execution.
- Oversight of email marketing vendors to ensure proper execution of each email.
- Ability to write and define data queries in Salesforce to define target segments for each mailing.
- Integrate the email program plan into the larger marketing messaging calendar.
- Continuously test, improve and evolve JCCSF email communication
- Define key success metrics: own email performance, reporting and analysis and present results to executives and stakeholders regularly
- Be the in-house expert on email best practices and stay on top of relevant trends.
- Pull & analyze raw data and explaining results and decisions to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Define & create growth strategies to increase our database size and engagement within our programs.
- Create digital marketing strategies in order to achieve revenue goals for all programs and services
- Coordinate and oversee the execution of digital marketing campaigns including SEO/SEM, social and display advertising, print and transit
- Analyze metrics for each program and manage the generation of monthly reports collaboratively with the Account Team
- Coordinate with Account Team to generate required assets for all digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Work with Social Media to measure impact from social strategy on driving brand engagement, site traffic, referral traffic, conversion etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of email and digital marketing experience, preferably in B2C or with an agency
- Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to grow email as a marketing channel
- Experience with SilverPop/Salesforce, a plus
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (AdWords, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented, proactive, creative, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and operate with an entrepreneurial/growth mindset
STATUS: Benefited, exempt position