The Staff Accountant provides support to the Finance & Accounting department at various levels, with the primary function being to ensure proper recording and recognition of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses, which requires communicates with various departments outside of the Finance & Accounting department to complete the responsibilities of the position. Emphasis for this position is primarily Revenues/Liabilities focused but may include, add or change to focus to include Revenues/Assets as position develops.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Associates degree with equivalent job experience.
- 2+ Years of accounting experience preferred, with demonstrated knowledge of standard accounting principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Office, Word, PowerPoint) with extensive knowledge of Excel required, including v-lookup and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision/Business Central preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus as well. The ability to learn other systems as needed.
- Strong data manipulation skills with high degree of accuracy. Previous experience managing data as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Contribution recognition in a Not-for-Profit setting preferred but not required.
- Key strengths must include organization, attention to detail, strong initiative, and effective problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)