The Sr. Staff Accountant provides support to the Finance & Accounting department at various levels, with the primary function being to ensure proper recording and recognition of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses. This position also communicates with various departments outside of the Finance & Accounting department to complete the responsibilities of the position.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Revenue Recognition: Recognize Revenues by program/product, based on respective recognition schedules (monthly, quarterly, annually) utilizing raw data maintained in our various CRM systems.
- Account Reconciliations: Reconciliations are the foundation of this position. Reconcile accounts as assigned by stated due dates. Key Balance Sheet reconciliations include: Cash, Deferred Revenues, Accounts Receivables and various Benefits Payable accounts.
- Payroll support: Become familiar with the payroll process to be able to process payroll from start to finish (primarily a back-up role), including reconciling various benefit liability accounts on a monthly basis.
- Journal Entries: Create and import journal entries into Microsoft Dynamics Business Central. Journal entries will be in relation to revenue recognition and assigned account reconciliations, as well as entries that are handed down by the Controller and Accounting Manager.
- Treasury Management: Deposit checks using remote data capture desktop scanner and post receipts in appropriate CRM systems; monitor cash receipts processed by other locations; monitor Positive Pay and resolve suspect checks; and reconcile various cash accounts to bank statements;
- Other: Assist with other duties for monthly, quarterly, and annual/audit related requirements including but not limited to providing support for audit sample selections, updating forms, and filing as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Associates degree with equivalent job experience.
* Two to four year's accounting experience preferred, with demonstrated knowledge of standard accounting principles and procedures.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Office, Word, PowerPoint) with extensive knowledge of Excel required, including v-lookup and pivot tables
* Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision/Business Central preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus as well. The ability to learn other systems as needed.
* Strong data manipulation skills with high degree of accuracy. Previous experience managing data as well as formatting and generating reports.
* Contribution recognition in a Not-for-Profit setting preferred but not required.
* Key strengths must include organization, attention to detail, strong initiative, and effective problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)