JCA Electronics is an electronics integration company that provides electrical, electronics, and software systems solutions for customers in mobile machine applications in off-highway industries, such as agriculture, mining, and construction. JCA is a fast-growing company developing innovative and cutting-edge technologies.
We are seeking a motivated individual for a unique opportunity in the area of Information Technology. This individual will work with JCA Employees throughout the company to administer and support IT systems. An innovative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
The following guidelines indicate what we are looking for in a candidate. Candidates who do not meet all of the criteria may be considered if they demonstrate exceptional skills in other areas.
- Setup, configures and monitors the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), security system, switches, firewall and routers.
- Maintains and implements efficiencies in the LAN and WAN.
- Configures and maintains the telephone system and user extensions.
- Configures and maintains system servers and databases, and sees to it that backup is regularly performed.
- Develops the Network and IT Communication procedures.
- Administers domain users and DHCP.
- Responsible for the installation and testing of communications and peripheral equipment necessary to run company systems.
- Coordinates with vendors on the maintenance and repairs of network and computer hardware.
- Evaluates, tests, and controls new PC software, Operating systems, hardware and client-server applications, and takes charge in the installation of the said technologies.
- Administers the Exchange server and email.
- Administers and maintains the company website.
- Monitors and recommends hardware upgrades to conform to the system and user requirements.
- Troubleshoots PC's and printers.
- Maintains hardware and software inventories.
- Develops, recommends and implements contingencies for server and network downtime.
- Performs first-level support for MRP and other business system applications.
- Conducts IT-related trainings.
- At least one year experience in Server Administration.
- At least one year experience in Network Administration on LAN and WAN environment involving multi-network systems.
- Proficient in Windows Server and Linux Operating systems.
- Proficient in domain controller administration - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, VPN and Web server (IIS, Apache)
- Proficient in MSOffice applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL, MySQL or other databases.
- Supported at least one Network Operating System (NOS) - installation, troubleshooting, configuration, etc.
- Supported at least one ERP/MRP system - installation, troubleshooting, configuration, etc.
- Knowledge in Disaster Recovery involving database, file and bare metal restore.
- Working knowledge of VoIP SIP protocol. Grandstream IPPBX and Avaya IP Office experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of routing, policy route, firewall policy, IPSec/IDS. Fortigate experience is an asset.
- Knowledge in implementing and managing security technologies such as SSL and Digital certificate.
- Working knowledge of virtualization system such as Hyper-V and VirtualBox.
- Knowledge in cloud services such as AWS.
- Knowledge in programming but not a must.
- Graduate of Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer and Network Technology.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)