JC's Group is currently recruiting for a Business Development/Marketing position to join our Scarborough main office. This is a multi-faceted position and is ideal for a candidate who seeks to develop a career in business development or marketing in the hospitality industry. Roles such as this are designed as career building with opportunities to grow and gain access to numerous roles in our executive level.
In this position, the successful candidate will play a key support role for JC's Group in generating market recognition initiatives such as advertising campaigns, industry event participation and client generation.
Key responsibilities include
- Targeting and driving new business through cold calls, reactivating dormant leads, following-up on referrals, actively promoting lines of business and managing key relationships.
- Consulting with the President and VP's to target industry specific events and workshops to grow the companies network.
- Analysing the market for opportunities to grow business and promote the company;
- Writing and creating proposals, sales and promotion materials;
- Conducting promotional sales presentations to perspective clients;
- Maintaining and promoting a professional image while representing the company and reflecting its values, standards and best practices;
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time ie. sales meetings, seminars, etc.;
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of solutions, the competitive landscape and industry trends, changes and developments.
- Motivated and skilled at hospitality marketing and business development, who is persistent, willing to learn, flexible, persuasive on the phone and in-person and not easily discouraged by initial rejection;
- Excellent networking and relationship building, great skills in customer service, cold calling, active listening, problem solving and continuing follow-up with perspective clients;
- Ability to know when to ask the right questions and provide the correct (learned) answers, to see the relationship through;
- A confident and energetic people person, communicator and presenter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to promote value, inspire confidence and relate effectively to individuals at all levels of an organization;
- A flexible self-starter who can set and adjust priorities, adapt, manage your time, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and achieve objectives in a dynamic environment while working autonomously and as part of a team;
- Honest, forthright, moral and professional;
- Able to develop plans and projects independently, having the ability to manage the project from start to finish.
- Past experience and knowledge with various social media marketing campaign platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of hospitality industry business development. Consideration may be given to an exceptional individual with similar professional service industry with proven success in direct business-to-business sales and prospecting;
- College and/or University and/or or equivalent proven experience;
- Experience with creating and developing (and sticking to) sales and/or marketing planning within specified industry or demographic;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills in English;
- Extremely computer proficient in a Windows environment, including strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, and InDesign very beneficial.
- A valid driver's license, a reliable car and a clean criminal record.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in JC's Group; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks.
Closing date: Friday, June 21, 2019
No agencies or phone calls please.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- marketing: 3 years (Required)