Position: Sr. Java Developer
Location: New York, NY
Length: 6+ month contract to hire
Interview: NO SKYPE
- Phone screen
- Written test: discretionary given a problem and write the code
- Onsite -3-4 people
MUST HAVES: Java (including Multi-threading & Concurrency), Spring, Build Tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.), Financial Services trading systems (Forex platforms, trade execution systems in Credit & Rates, trading system functionality)
- Looking for multiple developers:
- Some to lead design for the Forex platform and some to provide development support for the trade execution systems in Credit & Rates. Both will be developing new trading system functionality. Depending on their skill sets, they will distribute accordingly * Issues they have encountered thus far:
- Met with some people, not using the right tools, not using the latest technologies, strong on core java, but need the latest technologies * MUST HAVES:
- Java (Multi-threading & Concurrency)
- Ant, Maven, etc. (build tools)
- Investment Banking/Financial Services
- A driven software development professional is required in the Trading Systems development team. The role involves support and enhancement of business functionality of proprietary trade execution systems, working as a part of distributed team of developers in the UK and US. The role includes exposure to full SDLC in a fast moving environment.
- The candidate will learn the trading system technology by performing escalated business support, problem triage and analysis, identifying fixes and enhancements and implementing them in code, as well as working on the business-driven feature enhancements to the system. Whilst the candidate will be based in the US he/she will be expected to work closely with a team of developers in the UK.
- The firm seeks an enthusiastic, driven developer who can rely upon their own initiative and willingness to learn to succeed.
- Provide escalated development support for the trade execution systems in Credit and Rates, be a part of an on-call rota and provide out of hours support if necessary.
- Develop of new trading system functionality to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Lead design reviews for the Forex platform development team
- Lead by example - develop of new trading system functionality to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Provide escalated development support for the Forex trade execution system, be a part of an on-call rota and provide out of hours support if necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years Java experience in building complex Java applications
- A good working knowledge of the UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Expertise in core java with good knowledge of multithreading and concurrency
- Good understanding of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Working experience in relational database technology, Oracle preferred
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Experience with web technology stack
- FIX (The Financial Information eXchange) protocol
- Java Swing
- Good working knowledge of any of the following business areas: Fixed Income, Money Markets and Credit Derivatives.
- Good working knowledge of any of the following business areas:
- Forex Derivatives.
- Fixed Income and Money Markets.
- Education to degree level is preferred.
- Self-starter, taking initiative at every opportunity, curious and willing to learn.
- Holding practical view of technology as a tool to achieving the goal rather than the goal itself.
- Good written and oral communication is essential.
Job Type: Contract
Full Time Opportunity: