*Position : Full Stack Java Developer
Location : Jersey City, NJ
Length : 3-6+ month contract to hire
Interview: NO SKYPE
1. Face to face interview*
*Updated list of preferred tech:
MUST Haves: Java/J2EE, Jboss: either migration experience from 5 to 6 OR Jboss EAP 6,*
- The role is focused with Jboss - this project is a migration of EAP - product from redhat
- Migrating version 5 to 6 - anyone who has that exp is #1
- If they don't have that, look for jboss eap 6
- OR anyone who has worked on SEAM
- Should have core java J2EE
- Needs someone to hit the ground running
- Still full stack
- Front Seam framework
- Backend Jboss
- once converted will have the opp to work on other new technologies, not just Jboss forever
HR JOB DESCRIPTION:
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or engineering preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Looking for the following skills:
- Jboss- migration of JBoss
- Spring / Spring boot
- JAVA EE
- SQL Server or other databases (strong sql necessary)
- Angular 4 - Flexible
Management, Leadership, and Personal Skills
- Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong passion for software development.
- Skilled in project management techniques and one or more Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior software developers.
Technical Skills (Employee in this position is expected to learn and work on all skills at the level outlined below)
- System Analysis and design skills (Must have demonstrable experience)
- Skilled in system analysis including process flows, data flows and data lineage.
- Skilled in defining all aspects of system context such as use cases, functional specification, wire frames, security, business data model, business process model.
- Highly skilled in defining all aspects of system design such as system structure, interface contracts, physical data model, scenario diagrams and deployment diagrams.
Application development skills
- Highly skilled in core Java, Java based web frameworks such as Spring, ANGULAR JS or SEAM or STRUTS, JAVA based OR mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or EJB3.
- Highly skilled in DBMS technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase - Stored procedures, Triggers, Data Modelling.
- Highly skilled in Data processing using tools such as Schedulers (TIDAL), ETL (Business Objects), ESB (Camel) and reporting (Crystal).
- Highly skilled in scripting technologies such as Bash, Jscript and batch.
- Highly skilled in implementing and integrating common off-the-shelf software (COTS) - Preferably in Banking technologies such as Principia, OPICS, Oracle Flexcube, Lawson.
- Basic knowledge of DevOps methodologies and build tools such as Maven and Artifactory. Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services API.
- Skilled in analyzing current technological trends.
- Highly skilled in managing system integration issues between diverse platforms.
- Application support skills (Must have demonstrable experience in making decisions in production support environment)
- Skilled in issue management such as prioritization, timely disposition and reporting.
- Highly skilled in root cause analysis.
- Highly skilled in developing and implementing fixes.
A minimum of:
- Four years of software development experience in system analysis, core application development and support skills
Bank Employee in this position is expected to:
- Acquire understanding of the Bank's vision, goals, business operations, and markets.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of at least one very large Enterprise quality application (or equivalent).
- Perform preliminary project analysis and document findings as required by department standards.
- Provide the necessary level of project management and control to keep all assigned projects on schedule.
- Conduct business area analysis, requirements definition, logical and detailed design, coding, testing, and implementation for all assigned development projects, according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be able to successfully complete large/complex development projects in a timely and cost effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide full support for all assigned Bank application systems. System support includes, but is not limited to: problem resolution (business and non-business hours); user support; and system maintenance.
- Assist the project manager and end users in identifying and recommending automated solutions to business problems.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of vendor-supplied solutions.
- Provide assistance and direction to other developers, as required.
- Accurately track and record hours worked on assigned projects/maintenance.
- Attend training session as assigned.
Job Type: Contract
- Jboss migration: 2 years (Required)
- Java: 4 years (Required)
- Jersey City, NJ (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: