Position : ETL Developer
Location : Jersey City, NJ 07302
Length : 3-6+ month contract to hire
Interview : NO SKYPE
2. Face to face interview
MUST HAVES: ETL development (using either SAP Data Services preferred, Talend, or Informatica), and a BI Reporting tool (using either Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, OR QlikView)
HR Job Description:
Skills- Management, Leadership, and Personal Skills
- People Oriented
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all
- Self-starter and can work with limited supervision
- Strong Communication Skills: Verbal & Written
- Effective documentation skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills
- Possesses a strong analytical approach toward drawing logical
- Detail oriented and focus on code quality
- Strong working knowledge of SAS Office Analytics and Visual
- Analytics. Knowledge of SAS Data Management is a plus
- Strong working knowledge designing and developing dimensional models, operational data stores and master data repositories
- Strong working knowledge developing SQL queries, stored procedures and packages
- Good working knowledge of ETL development using SAP Data Services or equivalent
- Good working knowledge in report development preferably using Business Objects Enterprise including Web Intelligence & Crystal Reports or equivalent reporting tools
- Dashboard development using QlikView or equivalent is a plus
- Working knowledge designing and developing data models or semantic layers
- Good working knowledge of Erwin (or similar modeling tool) and building 3 rd normal form / dimensional models
- Working knowledge of a job scheduling tool such as TIDAL is a plus
- Knowledge of RDBMS - Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred
- Familiarity with Cloud terminology and Business Intelligence tools in Amazon AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical tools such as R, or Python is a plus
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience
- Minimum 4 years of working on Business Intelligence projects with hands-on experience developing data marts, reports and dashboards
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience developing SQL, stored procedures and packages
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing dimensional & 3 rd Normal Form data models
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing reports and dashboards using Web Intelligence, Qlikview or other tools
- Minimum 1 year of functional experience with SAS Office Analytics/Visual Analytics
- At least 1 year of hands-on ETL development experience desired
- Minimum 1 year experience working with scheduling tool preferably TIDAL
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Services
- Design, develop and validate various components of the Business Intelligence environment at the Bank, including the datawarehouse, data marts and business intelligence related facilities.Perform the activities related to the design, development,validation, documentation, and support of the Bank's datawarehouse data model / architecture. Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to its business intelligence management, maintenance and utilization. Set and monitor standards related to the data warehouse data model. Assist the business intelligence architect and project managers in the optimal management and modernization of the Bank's datawarehouse/business intelligence environment.
- Provide the necessary level of self-management and task control to keep all assigned projects on schedule.
- Perform preliminary project analysis and document findings in the manner required by department standards.
- Design, develop, maintain and document various components of the Business Intelligence environment.
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications. Helps identify and assess potential data sources.
- Analyze, design & develop ETL jobs and reports.
- Identify data quality issues.
- Design, implement and document data warehouse schemas using Bank's standard technology tools.
- Design, implement and document business intelligence solution using Bank's standard technology tools.
- Develop Scheduler jobs as required to support BI environment.
- Develop, manage, schedule, and document data warehouse operations and tasks, including extraction, movement, loading, archival, security, backup, and aggregate table creation.
- Test, monitor, manage and validate data warehouse activity including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing, and updating processes.
- Provide full support for the Bank's business intelligenc environment. Support includes, but is not limited to: problem resolution (business and non-business hours); user support; and system maintenance.
- Administer and ensure proper uptime for business intelligence and data warehousing infrastructure environments.
- Support the department's application development process.
- Assist project managers and end users in identifying and recommending automated solutions to business problems.
- Assist the database administrator where appropriate (in cases where there are deficient DBA resources) in managing the Oracle, Sybase ASE & MS SQL Server environments.
- Monitor business use and performance of the data warehouse and provides feedback to data warehouse architects, developers, and database administrators.
- Ensure the data warehouse meets service level requirements.
- Support the Bank's data users by assisting in providing
- relevant training, consulting, and guidance.
Job Type: Contract
- Jersey City, NJ (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: