JB Ashtin is a woman-owned small business that has been demonstrating excellence by providing fresh ideas and high-quality deliverables for 20 years. We have a fun, unique culture and an amazing team of PhDs, PharmDs, MDs, and seasoned communications and project management specialists who are passionate about impacting patients' lives.
We are seeking a talented account director with 3-10 years' experience working in a medical communications agency. If you are solution-driven, entrepreneurial-minded, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, who thinks strategically and acts tactically when needed, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Plymouth, MI (Relocation assistance available)
The Account Director (AD) is accountable for establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with clients, ensuring that all client expectations are met. Primary activities include providing strategic recommendations for client business, ensuring cross-functional team collaboration, promoting organic account growth, ensuring project and account profitability, mentoring teammates, and providing leadership and direction on accounts.
Job requirements also are to believe in, live, and communicate our corporate Core Values (Excellence, Respect, Proactivity, Thoughtfulness, Dedication, Humility, and Fun). The AD reports to the client service department head.
- Works hand-in-hand with JB Ashtin scientific directors to provide exceptional client service and high-quality deliverables
- Serves as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients and maintains solid client relationships
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of client's business and objectives, including understanding disease states and current medical and/or regulatory issues of assigned accounts
- Responsible for account forecasts and understanding project financials, and participates in project reconciliations
- Oversees project teamsand assigns project deliverables and related tasks
- Provides strategic input, direction, and leadership at the account and project for internal and external teams
- Provides tactical guidance and mentorship to ensure that all projects conform to scope of service, are profitable, and meet client objectives
- Serves as liaison between sales and project teams and provides updates on status of accounts and new business opportunities
- Creates, writes, and distributes proposals (and proposal addenda/budget adjustments) for organic business growth
- Accountable for training, mentoring, growth and development of staff
- Performs all other job duties that may be assigned by JB Ashtin
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Flexibility; able to take on tactical roles when needed
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Good judgment
- Resourcefulness; ability to successfully trouble-shoot/problem-solve
- Effective time prioritization
- Ability to lead and provide clear, concise direction to staff
- Demonstrated computer experience: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Graphic and/or print production knowledge
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years relevant healthcare communications industry experience
- Publication management experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and project team leadership, account management (at least 3 years), and project execution and budget management
- Prior experience managing the logistic aspects of projects that include all activities related to advisory boards, symposia, dinner meetings, faculty meetings, and teleconferences; overseeing web-based activities, developing concepts and ideas and steering projects through the print production process to create top-line graphic materials, etc
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Understanding of and adherence to PhRMA, FDA, and OIG guidelines
- Adherence to the standards set by the Good Publication Practice for Pharmaceutical Companies (GPP3) Guidelines and the ICJME
*A full job description is available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year