Purpose of Position:
The function of Inflight Services is the safe and efficient movement of our customers. The Flight Attendant performs duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers. The Flight Attendant provides a welcoming environment to our customers, and as an Air Canada Brand Ambassador provides Onboard Service Excellence by promoting an atmosphere of prestige.
The Flight Attendant is expected to operate and execute their duties accurately and effectively in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations and Company Standard Operation Procedures and Policies.
The Flight Attendant is expected to have comprehensive knowledge of all policies, procedures, aircraft types and operational and customer service requirements. In cases where these are identified as emergency procedures or are time critical, the Flight Attendant must have the knowledge, critical thinking and resilience to apply the procedure without reference to any publication.
Other key responsibilities, not limited to:
Provide leadership, direction, and assistance to passengers and colleagues.
Demonstrate critical decision-making and resilience in emergencies and strenuous situations.
Professional pride: always project a professional image.
Promote our world-class products and services (product knowledge).
Anticipate needs by providing customers with service before they ask for it.
Make our customers’ journey memorable and build a relationship with them conceiving a dedicated Air Canada and Air Canada Express customer.
Participate in crew briefings and debriefings: obtain necessary flight information.
- Perform pre-flight checks of emergency & safety equipment, passenger cabin, lavatory, systems, documentations and catering.
- Assist passengers with boarding, deplaning and assist with cabin clean-up.
- Deliver all safety and service announcements/demonstrations.
- Prepare cabin for take-off, landing and monitor cabin during flight.
- Deliver high quality service, including serving beverages/snacks and credit card handling, in an organized manner as established for each flight.
- Report all irregularities or incidents using the applicable documentation.
- Liaise with the flight deck.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance to passengers and colleagues.
Other related duties as assigned.
Our Flight Attendant bases are located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax. Depending on our hiring needs at the time, we may or may not be hiring for all bases. Please note that there is opportunity for employees to transfer or exchange bases.
Please note that no previous formal training is required. If hired, Jazz provides all training necessary.
Training classes for these positions will run February to July 2019.