Jazwares, Inc. has been committed to creating quality products that push the boundaries of product design since 1997. With a mission to invent toys and related products that are new to the marketplace, and their focus on creativity, innovation, and function, Jazwares has established itself as a respected leader in the licensed products industry. Their portfolio includes: Fortnite, Peppa Pig, Nerf, Minecraft, and Roblox among others.
We're seeking a skilled Staff Accountant to join our Jazwares team. The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the finance/accounting and related corporate reporting and controls for certain aspects of our global toy business. The Staff Accountant will assist with various internal and external reporting requirements as defined below and must be a hands-on performer. With our 2018 ERP- Sage X3 and Sarbanes Oxley implementations, the Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the team by participating and driving portions of each implementation and developing and optimizing workflows.This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Our corporate finance/ accounting team is designed in a manner to meet deadlines, provide accurate, timely and meaningful reporting results for internal use, plan for the financial needs of the business units and provide operational guidance to our Senior Leadership while complying with SEC guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Company's accounting and internal controls for specific general ledgers as well as managing specific accounts on a global basis. This will include but not limited to the following:
- Managing the general ledger and monthly close for various subsidiaries;
- Increase efficiencies in the close process to reduce the financial close calendar;
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations (i.e. Intercompany, Bank Accounts, Payables, etc.);
- Accounts Payables related to general ledgers noted above plus additional management of global accounts from an analytics perspective; and
- Managing the global fixed asset ledger;
- The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for transitioning out of the Accounts Payable function as we hire new Accounts Payable - Specialists. We believe the Staff Accountant will excel by continuing to manage some portion of the Factory Payable process from a control and manager perspective, with 2 to 3 Accounts Payable - Specialists performing the detailed work.
- Supporting our Global Business Partners to provide accurate and timely financial date;
- Managing the Global Fixed Asset Ledger
- Assist with various ad-hoc requests from Senior Management to improve financial visibility;
- As team member for controls- will ensure our controls are adequate and are performed. Active team member in assessing, designing and developing key controls for our Sarbanes Oxley implementation Actively perform testing of key controls on a regular basis.
- Integral ERP team member assisting with developing Business Process flows working in our new environment. Collaboration is part of the Jazwares' culture and every employee has a voice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred but not required, Licensed CPA.
- 3 years in Financial/Accounting Position Experience exhibiting the public and private experience.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley implementation, management thereof and related testing and reporting.
- Experience recording entries and closing accounting books and records - is transitional.
- Exposure to internal management reporting or external reporting is a plus.
- Working technical accounting.
- Experience recording entries and closing accounting books and records.
- Ability to identify issues, perform research and present possible solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Adaptable style that is comfortable within an unstructured environment.
- Strong ethical behavior. Integrity is Core Value.
- A personality that is hands-on, direct and growth focused.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, decisive and entrepreneurial.
- The ability to establish good working relationships with the Corporate professional team as well as subsidiary leadership.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement