Our home base, could be yours too.
As a Cost Accountant, you are based in Calgary and are responsible for the accounting and financial reporting related to our Corporate, Land and Investment divisions. Preference will be given to those applicants with industry experience, specifically accounting for projects, land or construction as well as those who are pursuing their CPA status.
A Day in the life of a Cost Accountant:
* Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements as well as various management reports in a multi-company environment
* Account for different types of legal entities: Corporations, Joint Ventures and Limited Partnerships
* Analyze and record investment transactions, including IRR projections
* Compile and communicate various month-end analyses for divisional and corporate management
* Complete monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts
* Review divisional and corporate overhead variances
* Track and record revenues and job level costs as well as calculating cost of sales for our land division
* Assist with year-end audits and tax preparation
* Assist with quarterly reforecasting and annual budget
* Assist with IT system conversion
What you will bring to the table:
* Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a project accounting or real estate environment
* Must possess or be working toward a CPA designation
* Must have a sense of urgency and be a team player
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
* Advanced Microsoft Office working knowledge, particularly in Excel
* High level of motivation, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
* Proactive nature with the ability to multi-task
* High level of attention to detail
* Results driven with exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
As a Platinum-Level Best Managed Company, we will provide you the following:
* Flexible health and dental coverage
* Customized Training Programs
* Opportunity for growth and career development
* Employee Discounts
* On-Site Gym
Do you see the magic? Are you ready to be part of the lifestyle? Join the award winning Jayman BUILT team and contribute to our exceptional track record, with over 28 thousand homes built in the last 40 years.
Please apply through Fitzii at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/48071 by June 28, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please.