As part of the technical services team this role is responsible for providing frontline support and training to customers using the software products we sell and service. This will include SOLIDWORKS and a combination of its affiliated products as noted on SOLIDWORKS product website
Provide comprehensive technical support for SOLIDWORKS and affiliated products
- Train customers on SOLIDWORKS and affiliated products
- Travel to customer sites to provide onsite support and training (occasional weekend and evening travel estimated less than 5% of the time)
- Liaise with customers and in-house staff and partners
- Provide explicit instructions related to SOLIDWORKS products to external and internal customers
- Interpret inquires related to SOLIDWORKS and provide technical solutions as required
- Assist with troubleshooting issues with training equipment
- Write technical articles, record screen capture video of software processes for publishing to the organizations technical blog
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience utilizing SOLIDWORKS (SW2016 or SW2017)
- Minimum of a 3-year Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma required or a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- MUST have strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical CAD and design industry required
- In lieu of direct SOLIDWORKS experience, solid modeling and design experience with another 3D CAD product is required
- Excellent customer relations ability required
- A creditable and lively presenter with a professional demeanor
- Credible understanding of engineering process and terminology, and solid modelling process and jargon
- Capable of computer networking and troubleshooting
- Experienced Microsoft Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 interface and functionality
- Experience providing tech support services an asset
- SOLIDWORKS CSWP or CSWA certification is an asset
- Strong aptitude for Microsoft Office Suite 2013, or 2016 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is an asset
- Industry experience in product design, tooling design, mold design, industrial design, and/or electrical systems design, is an asset
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a Valid Driver's license
- Must be capable of briefly lifting up to 55 lbs. (mobile laptop cases consisting of 4 laptops and peripherals)
- Ability to travel to the United States of America preferred
Javelin Technologies Inc. has been a provider of technology solutions since 1997. We are experts in 3D design and have helped thousands of companies with solutions for mechanical design, electrical design and rapid prototyping. Large or small, we have the skills and experience to propel organizations to new heights.
Join our great, growing team!
How to Apply
Please visit http://www.javelin-tech.com/main/company/employment.htm
and click on Technical Support Application Expert (Engineer)- Vancouver, BC
Please apply A.S.A.P., applications will be processed as they are received.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Referrals: Kindly indicate who you were referred by in the application process.
We thank all that apply but wish to inform, only qualified candidates will be contacted.