Javelin Technologies, Canada's leading provider of 3D Technology, is expanding our team and looking for a dedicated PDM (Product Data Management) Support Specialist for our Professional Services Team, located in our Oakville, Ontario office.
The ideal candidate is well-spoken, a fast learner, and has positive energy to support our customers and our team. As part of the Professional Services Team, this role is responsible for providing SOLIDWORKS PDM product support, implementation, and occasional consulting services and training to our customers.
- Assess and document customer requirements in order to properly configure SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) software.
- Provide customers with basic-level implementation, configuration, training, and technical support for SOLIDWORKS PDM products.
- Install, configure, maintain, and migrate SQL servers and databases.
- Perform upgrades and migrations from older versions of SOLIDWORKS PDM to the latest release.
- When required, migrate SQL server and database from old hardware to new hardware.
- Deliver Javelin PDM professional consulting services.
- Deliver formal training (on-site and remote) to customers on SOLIDWORKS PDM products.
- Travel regularly to customer sites to provide on-site implementation services and training (occasional weekend and evening travel required).
- Troubleshoot issues and maintain software installations on Javelin training equipment.
- Assist with development of well-written installation and support instructions and documentation related to SOLIDWORKS PDM products.
- Create engaging PowerPoint presentations using available software tools.
- Write technical articles and record audio/video of software demonstrations for publishing to the Javelin blog and YouTube channel.
- Occasionally attend tradeshows and SOLIDWORKS User Group meetings.
- Identify opportunities for Javelin to provide additional services or software to existing customers.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of an Engineering, Computer Science, or IT Technology Diploma (3-year program) required (Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred).
- Experience in project management, business analysis, or document management.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience (work or educational) in utilizing or administering file management systems or databases.
- Must have strong English verbal, writing, and listening communication skills.
- Preference and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in working and communicating directly with customers on a regular basis.
- Understanding of mechanical or electrical engineering processes and terminology.
- Basic knowledge of 3D mechanical CAD (SOLIDWORKS preferred).
- Strong PC and network troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in the setup or support of PC computers and servers.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 R2 or later, SQL 2008 R2 or later.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a Valid Driver's license; vehicle travel required.
- Must be capable of briefly lifting up to 65 lbs. (shipping cases consisting of 4 laptops and accessories for on-site training courses).
- Ability to travel to the United States of America required.
- Industry work experience (manufacturing, product design, machine/tooling design, electrical systems design).
- Implementation and usage experience with SolidWorks PDM software (formerly SolidWorks Enterprise PDM).
- Experience with other PDM or PLM software applications.
- Certified Enterprise PDM Administrator (CEPA).
- Business Analyst background/experience.
- Experience in programming in Visual Studio .NET in Visual Basic and/or C++.
- Confident and lively presenter with a professional demeanor.
- Experience with installing and maintaining computer network software and equipment.
- Familiarity with SQL/T-SQL scripts
- Ability to travel to the United States of America required
Javelin Technologies is an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fun place to be a part of where you will share your creativity while being a key contributor to our growth. We offer to successful candidates a competitive salary and benefits program including a great working environment.
If this position is appealing to you and you feel you have what it takes to inspire customers...
Applications will only be reviewed if submitted through the online application system.
Please apply A.S.A.P., applications will be processed as they are received.
Job posting will remain open until position has been filled.
Referrals: Kindly indicate who you were referred by in the application process.