We have an immediate opening for an experienced Shipper and Receiver who is able to work independently. You will be part of a small team responsible for all incoming/outgoing shipments and inventory.
This position requires an extremely organized and personable individual who can work and communicate well with others to get the job done and meet deadlines in a busy manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Picking orders according to picking lists
- Packing orders in boxes and crates to ensure products do not get damaged
- Building crates when required
- Completing shipping documentation
- Receiving orders, including checking quantity and quality of incoming shipments, receiving goods into the system, allocating bin locations, and moving/storing goods in correct locations
- Counting and organizing inventory
- Assisting in keeping the warehouse clean and participate in routine maintenance
- Lifting product (up to 50 lbs)
- Assisting others doing a variety of tasks as needed (including training as vacation relief/backup for other positions)
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years of experience working in a warehouse (or equivalent experience)
- Forklift experience
- Ability to use small woodworking tools (ability to build shipping cates)
- Independent worker
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only considering applicants residing in the lower mainland.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /year
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)