We are seeking a dynamic Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the design of our custom marine steering projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop mechanical, hydraulic and electro-hydraulic systems and products from inception through to production. This role will suit a driven individual who demands excellence and is able to collaborate with others to achieve results in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design custom steering systems utilizing JEL stand mechanical and hydraulic products as well as custom engineered components to meet the customer's system specifications.
- Complete 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks drawings and models, applying experience
- ineffective dimensioning and tolerances for high quality and cost-effective manufacture.
- Write and compile technical documentation such as system specifications, technical descriptions, operation instruction, and machining/assembly instructions.
- Completing and documenting mechanical engineering calculations relating to material properties, thermal, stress, pressure vessels, and fatigue analysis.
- Interface with production and machine shop staff as well as subcontractors and suppliers, applying manufacturing engineering principles to ensure efficiency and quality of manufactured and purchased products and systems.
- Provide product support and system troubleshootinor Technologist Diploma.
- g assistance to JEL product service staff as required to meet customer service needs.
- Provide creative input and feedback to the engineering team with respect to improvement of quality of design, productivity and cost reduction measures.
- Provide creative input and feedback to the engineering team with respect to R&D project priorities, requirements, and design.
- Maintain and modify existing product drawings and documentation, via Jastram's design change processes, with input and consultation from production and engineering staff.
- Completing marine class required documentation packages and communicate with regulatory classification societies to ensure compliance with maritime rules.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement, development, and implementation of processes and operations within Jastram's ISO 9001 quality system.
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
- Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Degree
- Proficiency with 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Excellent Technical Communication in English, verbal and written.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience with Electro-Hydraulic system design, integration and commissioning will be an asset.
- Hands-on mechanical product manufacturing experience will be an asset.
- Experience with electrical, mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems will be an asset.
- Experience working in a team environment will be an asset.
- Marine-related experience will be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time