We are seeking a dynamic Electrical/Electronics Engineer to contribute to the design of our custom marine steering projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop electronic systems and products from inception through to production.
This role will suit a driven individual who demands excellence and is able to collaborate with others to achieve results in a timely and cost-effective manner. This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design custom steering systems utilizing JEL standard electrical products as well as custom engineered components and software programs to meet the customer's system specifications.
- Completing 2D and 3D electrical engineering drawings and models as required for electrical engineering, and R&D engineering purposes.
- Write and compile technical documentation such as product manuals, test procedures, design specifications and progress reports.
- Completing electrical engineering calculations and analyses relating to specifying and designing of electrical equipment.
- Perform hands-on setup, testing and reporting of electro-hydraulic and electrical systems as required by electrical engineering and R&D engineering purposes.
- Provide product support and system troubleshooting assistance to JEL product service staff as required to meet customer service needs.
- Provide creative input and feedback to the engineering team with respect to improvement of quality of design, productivity and cost reduction measures.
- Provide creative input and feedback to the engineering team with respect to R&D project priorities, requirements and design.
- Maintain and modify existing product drawings and documentation, via Jastram's design change processes, with input and consultation from production and engineering staff.
- Completing marine class required documentation packages and communicate with regulatory classification societies to ensure compliance with maritime rules.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement, development and implementation of processes and operations within Jastram's ISO 9001 quality system.
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
- Electrical/Electronic or Mechatronics Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma.
- Proficiency with 2D AutoCad and 3D Solidworks software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Excellent Technical Communication in English, verbal and written
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience with Electro-Hydraulic system design, integration and commissioning will be an asset.
- Hands on electrical/electronic product manufacturing experience will be an asset.
- Experience with electrical, mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems will be an asset.
- Experience working in a team environment will be an asset.
- Marine-related experience will be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)