Do you enjoy tinkering with electronic parts and putting them together? If so, spend your day assembling electronic components?
We have an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Assembler in our North Vancouver facility. The Electrical Assembler is part of a small production team that is responsible for assembling various components of steering systems.
We have a bright, well-lit shop. It is a modern facility and well maintained with an employee-run safety committee and a very low lost time injury rate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects all components prior to assembly to ensure they meet quality standards
- Assembles all electronic goods in an efficient manner and according to engineering design
- Meets all deadlines as set out on work orders
- Records time against work orders or non-productive work codes
- Tests electrical assemblies as per the ITP, ensuring the quality standards are met and test records are completed
- Troubleshoots problems
- Ongoing development and implementation of leaner assembly methods
- Maintains machinery, fixtures, and cleanliness of work area
- Minimum of 1-3 year of work experience in an electronics manufacturing and assembly environment (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with PCB assembly, soldering, mechanical assembly, and electronic assembly
- Experienced with fabrication
- Experience with using basic hand tools, power tools, and machinery
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, electrical and mechanical drawings and bills of material
- Knowledge of best practices concerning inventory control, material handling, and finished goods packing
- Fluent in English and has good communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Practical problem-solving skills
- Team Player and a hard worker
Established in 1989, Jastram is well-respected in the international marine steering system market. We design and manufacture digital and hydraulic steering systems, steering controls and motor starter alarms.
Employees of Jastram have a responsibility to work constructively and cooperatively with every other member of staff to ensure that Jastram customers are served in accordance with Jastram's Mission, Values, policies, and procedures.
While we thank everyone for their interest in working with Jastram, all applicants must reside in the Lower Mainland.
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)