Duties and responsibilities
Ensure that the program is organized for the day including:
- free time options;
- clean up and end of day duties.
Ensure that activities are set up as much as possible before the children arrive.
Create and maintain current bulletin boards for families and for children's displays.
Ensure that the center is visually appealing at all times including the supply area, lost
and found and kitchen area.
Ensure that weekly activities are planned as needed.
Review the following weeks' plans with co-workers at meetings.
Ensure that all aspects of program planning for professional development days have been prepared in advance.
- ensure that the enrolling parent/legal guardian is aware of upcoming events and children's progress/challenges.
- discuss concerns and make suggestions where appropriate.
- assist families to access information.
- meet with families and children during transitions between programs.
- provide support to other staff members.
- help staff solve challenges with children.
- review the day with co-workers, share suggestions and ideas.
- be a positive role model.
- ensure that the Program Manager is informed in a timely manner about:
- all concerns related to children and staff;
- all concerns which affect any aspect of the daycare;
- all staffing needs; and
- overall progress of programs and new ideas for programs.
Foster cooperative and supportive interactions between programs, staff and families.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- ECEA or Responsible Adult: 1 year (Preferred)