Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited is an investment management firm with over 60 years of experience conducting fundamental research and managing assets for pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and individuals in Canada and internationally — representing more than CA$42 billion in assets under management. Our history and culture are rooted in investment stewardship that is expressed through an adherence to quality investing consistent with our long-standing investment philosophy and the advancement of good governance and sustainable investing. Acting in the best interests of our clients is the cornerstone of everything we do. Headquartered in Montreal, we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Contributes to the overall success of the Marketing & Communication department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Preparation of various quarterly reports and portfolio commentaries for consultants, wrap sponsors and institutional clients.
- Elaborate and update client pension letters.
- Complete due diligence questionnaires and Requests for Proposals.
- Maintaining and producing reports from product databases.
- Responding to client requests pertaining to portfolio reporting, typical questions would be: performance attribution, strategy updates.
- Update various internal reports, as needed.
- Other tasks as required by management.
- Understand how JFL's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize.
- Rigorous, methodical and high attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure during peak activities.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite, more specifically of Excel.
- Proactive and professional.
- Reliable with a good sense of judgment.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Bachelor in Business, Finance, Marketing or another related field.
- 3-5 years of reporting experience in banks or investment management firms.
- Expertise with MS Office suite, more specifically of Excel.
- Work in a standard office-based environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- reporting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)