Assistant, Private Wealth Management
Jarislowsky Fraser Limited is a registered portfolio management firm. Founded in 1955 as a research boutique, Jarislowsky Fraser today manages the portfolios of pension funds, foundations, corporations and individuals in Canada, the United States and internationally — representing more than $39 billion in assets under management. Headquartered in Montreal, we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
- Prepare and coordinate the successful completion of Account Opening and client profile update documentation
- Review portfolios and prepare trade information for PM review
- Enter transactions in the system (directly via Moxy system or with a spreadsheet).
- Verify the impact of portfolio transactions prior to execution.
- Transfer transactions to traders and follow-up.
- Model investments or withdrawals with the retail models (with approval of the PMs)
- Upload Broker held trade and then send to MTL Trader
- Review client investment policies and potential breaches
- Provide analytical support for sales and marketing activities
- Support the PM or portfolio managers' requirements
- Prepare and verify compliance reports
- Analyze investment returns
- Customize quarterly reporting for clients
- Other service needs of clients and portfolio managers
- General tasks requested by supervisor
- Familiarize yourself with numerous retail clients, their accounts, and specific needs
- 1-3 years' work experience (Investment industry experience preferred)
- Related undergraduate University degree
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Good knowledge of trading systems
- Strong client servicing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proven time-management skills, sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn, adapts to change
- Reliable with a good sense of judgment
- Investment industry experience preferred (Brokerage, Investment or Trust Company)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Capacity to learn new systems and processes
- Enrollment in the CFA program and/or CIM designation and/or registered AAR
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Loyalty
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent