Working here is not easy, but it is engaging and fulfilling.
We've created an environment that focuses on rewarding bright and driven people!
O u r p h i l o s o p h y:
Hire great people and make the impossible possible.
W h o w e a r e:
We are a forward-thinking, non-traditional real estate investment brokerage. Our passion is bringing properties back to life, adding value to the community and being a part of fulfilling dreams as we turn houses into homes! We purchase an average of 75+ properties each month in more than 40 counties statewide. Our unique and progressive model sees each home through the full life cycle of a property. From acquisition through closing, everything is in-house. Here at Jar House, we believe that we should all find our inner greatness and use it to achieve extraordinary things. Each person should live with purpose and a desire to accomplish what means the most to them. Don't let others define which path you take - Choose your own road.
W h o y o u a r e:
You are a talented, driven and focused individual, who values the truth and seeks to achieve the extraordinary. You are an organized individual, who thrives in a fast paced environment . Growth and vision excite you. You thrive in a fast paced environment and are not intimidated by challenge. You love working and collaborating with a team of fun individuals that embrace the work hard/play hard mentality! A hip company culture would spur you on intellectually and would encourage you to flourish in your position. (down for a little ping-pong rivalry?) You are a team player who is self-motivated and exemplifies strong decision making skills.
A d a y i n t h e l i f e:
M u s t H a v e s:
- Oversee four staff accountants; inspect their bank reconciliations, inspect their processing of financial transactions, monthly inspect their balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage internal controls on credit card spending and 3rd party vendor spend
- Process payroll semi monthly in ADP
- Growing the accounting team's knowledge & abilities
- Provide thorough & timely information to the Controller
- Participate in the migration from Quickbooks to Seed
A P l u s I f Y o u H a v e:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ Years recent accounting management experience overseeing a staff of 3+
- 2+ years recent corporate accounting
- Quickbooks experience (QB Pro is a plus!)
- Ability to handle & complete multiple projects at one time
- Great at follow up and follow through
- Successful experience in GL, financials and other reconciliations
- ADP payroll experience (ADP WorkforceNow is a Plus!)
- Month-end close experience
- Merchant transactions experience
- MS Office; Excel and Word in particular
W h y u s:
- Google Suite, Bill.com, Streak, Builder Trend experience
- 1+ years corporate accounting real estate experience
A d d i t i o n a l I n f o:
- Frequent Company Outings
- Relaxed dress code daily...not just on Fridays =)
- Game Tables
- Nap Room
- Monthly catered lunch
- Good coffee
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive
- We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time
- Jar House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and inclusivity for all employees.