Title: Senior Sales Coordinator
Location: San Ramon, CA
About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century Japonesque has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. Japonesque's product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, makeup cases and other beauty accessories as well as color cosmetics. Japonesque products are known and appreciated by professionals and consumers alike. Japonesque supplies products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Target, Walmart, Ulta, Rite-Aid and CVS.
About the Position:
The Senior Sales Coordinator has a broad range of responsibilities in support of the Japonesque Sales Team. This includes assisting in identifying new ideas, evaluating business opportunities that maximize revenue, and using market research, analysis, and competitive market intelligence.
This position plays a critical role in managing all operational needs of the Sales team including managing projects, working with Marketing, working with the product development team, and managing customer accounts.
The Senior Sales Coordinator position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business or a related field. Prior experience in beauty or retail is preferred.
The Senior Sales Coordinator is an exempt full-time position and works out of the company's San Ramon office. The position reports to the Directors of Sales. Compensation includes healthcare, 401K plan, vacation and other benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate new product launches with customers. This includes; retail sample submissions, completing new item set up forms, creating sales sheets and other sales communication pieces.
- Coordinate new product launches with Sales Directors and Account Managers.
- Track and communicate promotional activity.
- Own the new vendor and new item set up process and maintenance in customer portals.
- Manage and organize account files, assortments lists, promotional calendars and sales data bases.
- Work with Sales Directors and Account Managers to help identify new ideas and evaluate business opportunities.
- Assist Sales Directors and Account Managers with customer communications.
- Attend account conference calls, take notes and distribute recap and action items.
- Oversee action items and post weekly sales meetings.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports using Excel.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Department to assist in managing ongoing inventory levels, launch forecasts and PO submissions.
- Support Sales Order Administrator in trouble shooting and problem solving order submissions when necessary.
- Communicate to the Sales team the status of sample and inventory deliveries (working in conjunction with Supply Chain).
- Retailer Vendor Portal company expert in navigating, uploading documents/communication/submissions, and answering business related questions for the internal team.
- Handle and perform other tasks as may be assigned from Sales Directors and Account Managers from time to time.
- Work with Product Development Directors, Director of Commercialization, and Sales Directors to help keep new product and program timelines on track.
- Liaison between PD and Sales for deliverables for all new product launches.
- Schedule weekly RSC meetings for assigned accounts. Re-cap and distribute meeting notes.
- Track and maintain all early goods samples for Sales and PR needs.
- Proof catalogs, presentations, graphics and store banners to ensure all data is accurate.
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent in Business or a related field.
- Passion for the category with experience in beauty or retail preferred.
- A team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the commitment to follow-through.
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, Working knowledge of Salesforce and Base Camp is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in a context of rapidly changing priorities.
- Order entry, retail customer portals and EDI experience a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment with multiple projects.
- Must have an effective and professional demeanor in all interactions with co-workers and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules