About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century Japonesque has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. Japonesque's product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, makeup cases and other beauty accessories as well as a recently launched line of color cosmetics. The collection combines high-impact fashion color with pro performance and flawlessly refined complexion formulations. The unprecedented color and long wear textures are housed in one-of-a-kind luxurious packaging.
Japonesque supplies cosmetics, beauty tools, and hair products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Ulta and CVS.
Japonesque products have been sold in leading prestige beauty retailers and with the recent introduction of products into the drug and mass channels, the Company has experienced explosive growth. Having recently partnered with leading consumer Private Equity firm, San Francisco Equity Partners, the Company is profitable with no short term need for additional capital to fund growth.
About the Position:
The Administrative Assistant in Product Development will assist in the development of Japonesque products. We are looking for a candidate that has demonstrated superior product development capabilities and that can provide creative input and assistance to our product development team.
This person will assist with potential and practicality of products in development.
The ideal candidate should be ambitious and entrepreneurial. She/he should contribute to a positive culture and have outstanding team-building skills.
This is an exempt full time position based in the Company's San Ramon, California office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist Product Development team with product launches
- Responsible for creating, updating, and delivering project timelines and project milestones
- Responsible for working with internal and external partners to support Product Development team in on-time delivery of product launches. This includes but is not limited to vendor communication, negotiation, and ensuring that the internal team/system is updated accordingly
- Organize and prepare approval for all incoming pre-production and production samples
- Coordinate production, QC sample approval, and timeline communication between both the Product Development and Supply Chain teams
- Create and manage data necessary for new development setup, product information sheets / data bases, product samples, ingredients, and product pricing
- Taking ownership of the negotiation, management, and communicating approval of product pricing within their specific assignments
- Lead and develop the assistant merchandising team in market research and comparable market sampling
- Accountable for tracking both outbound and receivable sample shipments to vendor and clients for on time delivery
- Market Research - regularly visit stores, compile category planogram photos of relevant programs, and acquire samples as needed.
- Identify systems to improve processes and efficiencies in the Product Development / Merchandise operations
- Responsible for program extension, newness, and refresh development projects
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and thrive in a smaller high growth, rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- A team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management
- Organized, positive, and high-energy individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to execute with high attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, persistence, and determination, yet flexible and open to internal and external feedback on products being developed
- Advanced proficiency skills in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook, Sales Force and Basecamp
- A Collaborative team player who will take the lead on projects and be able to share their ideas with the team
- Enthusiasm for the beauty industry and its products, marketing, advertising, and popular culture trends
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules