Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Regular Full-Time
The business manager oversees the fiscal and physical operations of JACL. The business manager maintains the financial records and regularly reports information to the executive director and the national board. This includes monitoring and supervising accounts payable and receivable and JACL's extensive and various investment accounts under the supervision of the investment committee. The business manager is responsible for the physical operations of the headquarters building including tenant management and oversight of physical maintenance of the facility.
- Management of JACL's payroll, budget, invoicing, accounts, taxes and investments.
- Ensures the accuracy and maintenance of the computerized accounting system of the organization.
- Responsible for accurate and regular monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors and the National Director.
- Oversees financial accountability systems.
- Organizes, update, and maintains the fiscal procedures of the organization.
- Assists fiscal officers and fiscally oriented committees such as the Treasurer, Finance committee, Investment committee, and Audit committee in the performance of their duties.
- Supervises the book keeper.
- Handles inquiries and problems related to fiscal concerns from the general public and national membership.
- Manages the information technology for the organization including hardware, software, and networks.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of all JACL facilities, whether owned or leased and manages tenant relations for those leasing space at the JACL headquarters.
- Responsible for the oversight of contractors responsible for grounds maintenance, repairs, and other aspects of physical upkeep of the headquarters and other office spaces as necessary.
- Performs other duties and handles other responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director.
- At least four years of college training in accounting and business administration or its equivalent. Preferred qualification as a certified public accountant (CPA). Maintains current knowledge and information on nonprofit accounting laws, rules, and procedures.
- Three to six years of progressively more responsibility with accounting programs, word processing, spreadsheet programs and database programs. JACL uses Quickbooks for our accounting software.
- Experience with non-profit accounting
- Be physically able to perform job duties which include sitting at a desk, but may also include lifting up to 50 pounds
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job may be considered.
Position is to be based at the San Francisco headquarters, though long term consideration may be given to placement in Washington, DC.
Salary is to be in line with JACL approved salary ranges in accordance with locality adjustments depending on candidate experience and qualifications.
Benefits include FICA, health/Dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, workers compensation, and unemployment insurance. Employee is eligible for retirement program after one year of employment. Full personnel policies are available on request.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
-JACL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)