Japan Crate is a fast growing subscription box company with the goal of sharing the fun of Japan through a monthly delivery of Japanese candy, noodles, beauty products, and kawaii items. Day-to-day is always changing since we're a small team that's adding new pieces to the puzzle. As Office Manager you'll be working directly under our VP of Operations while working with employees across the entire company. Knowledge and appreciation of Japanese culture is a huge plus, as it is our main focus!
Overview: Full Time
Reporting to: CEO and VP of Operations
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage day-to-day office operations and ensure the office is functioning smoothly.
- Design and implement office policies that reflect our culture and collaborative environment.
- Getting lunch and coffee, ordering office and event supplies, and running errands for production.
- Coordinate team events, celebrations, milestones, offsite activities.
- Support on basic accounting, budget allocation and transaction classification from filing to form completion.
- General recruiting, on-boarding new employees and ensuring all forms and details are filled out.
- Process contractor payment and expense reports.
- Manage employee benefits program.
- Manage vendor relationships with utilities and other suppliers.
- Assist on Ad-hoc projects and research where needed.
We are a startup and our team is willing to work weekends and late nights when necessary.
The ideal candidate is someone that can think outside of the box, be proactive and motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with small teams.
As we're a young company growing rapidly, we're looking for an experienced individual who can manage our office as we work to curate a truly amazing experience for our end users each and every month!
Education & Experience
- Four-year degree.
- Must have one to three years of relevant work experience, preferably human resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick to learn new technology/software
- Please make sure you take the time to write a personalized cover letter that talks about who you are, what you do and why you are passionate about this position. Applications without cover letters or that are scripted will not be considered.
- Fully Paid Medical
- Dental & Vision plans available
- Paid vacation & sick days
- One week paid winter holiday
- Paid standard holidays
- Commuter reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- A well-stocked office kitchen
- Free-flowing Japanese candy & snacks
- Friday catered lunches
To apply, please reply to this ad with your resume & cover letter, as well as a description of how you'd help benefit our team.
Japan Crate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- office management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Culver City, CA 90230 (Preferred)