JANUS et Cie®, the reputable, design-focused furniture industry leader, is seeking a Director of Product Management.
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is realized through a top-of-class team.
General Purpose of Job:
Manage all elements of an ongoing product category, including cost negotiations, purchasing, production scheduling, resolving technical issues, availability, product launches, discontinuations, enhancements, and other aspects of the category from various vendors globally. Ensure that products are purchased and in stock based on sales history, inventory needs, and special order requests.
Must be a team-oriented individual that can work closely with peers as well as working independently. Must be able to collaborate with Marketing for photo shoots, brochures, price lists, and other support materials. Must have good communications skills, written and verbal. Provide support to the sales team and customer service via phone and email regarding product availability, specifications, lead-time, and pricing.
This position reports to the VP of Product Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Product Development and Sales, create product strategy aligned with Brand identity
- Source and product to advance product strategy
- Comprehensive understanding of vendor capabilities
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings from factories
- Maintain proper inventory levels of products/parts/sales tools
- Analyze sales history consistently, differentiating between large projects and general sales
- Place and manage purchase orders with vendors
- Track production from initial PO placement, through acknowledgement, transit, and receipt into warehouse
- File and manage warranty claims and respond to product problem issues including possible replacement, all in a timely manner
- Documentation of product specifications, training materials, and reference documents
- Collaborate with peers to co-create and issue the Product Management Announcements
- Coordinate with Website team to maintain product data on the website relative to products being managed
- Keep all product information current including price lists/new products/changes to existing products
- Assist in the creation of the price lists
- Provide support to Client Services with product knowledge
- Utilize strategic considerations and problem solving to support the Sales team
- Conduct internal product training for new hires and on-going training for staff
- Assist in product placement opportunities for showroom displays and at photo shoots
- 40+ hours are required. Flexible hours are required since this position interacts with vendors in various time zones.
Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- At least 5 years product management/purchasing experience required, within the furniture industry preferred
- Strong analytical and computer skills required
- Must be detailed and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have above average computer knowledge of accounting software, report generators, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Seriously qualified candidates for this career position in an important growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, who believe they can seriously contribute to its success, may email resume and cover letter to Garey Chambliss, Corporate Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.