Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA Classification: Full Time Exempt
January Foods Corp. is the leading manufacturer in North America of Chinese style meat products including sausages and BBQ pork. We specialize in using authentic and original recipe, to ensure our customers consume a high quality product. We enjoy the diversity and culture, and we strive to do what we think the best and commit to provide the best product possible.
This position is based in New York. The Sales Representative is responsible for soliciting orders for all stores within a specific territory. This position will carry out store level activities to include effective presentation of items to customers, securing and placing product orders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for soliciting & placing the weekly orders for the stores in route
* Must run approved product demonstrations with stores, including booking product, lining up an approved demonstration person, providing materials and issuing credit for samples
* Responsible for slotting in new Company approved items as they become authorized
* Develop sales territory in market and grow existing business
* Manage account services through quality checks and follow-ups
* Responsible for visiting accounts and potentially spending the night in order to complete routes
* Must present the stores with the company's approved weekly in-store specials
* Provide management a re-cap of weekly work and successes in the business
* Prepare Credit Memos for defective product and forward to the Milwaukee Office for approval
* Effectively communicate with end users, warehouse contacts and the corporate office to get stock in stores
* Seek out and follow up on new leads and referrals for business
* Attend trade and food shows when necessary, merchandise product in stores and displays if needed
* Other duties as assigned
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather. The employee may also work in freezers, storage areas or food production areas where temperatures are below 0 degrees. The position will require the ability to drive between locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving files or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, short and long term disability, PTO and holiday pay.
January Foods Corp. is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Job Type: Full-time